iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

short truck

Started by Matt601, March 06, 2018, 12:41:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt601

I can fill up once a week and run 40 miles round trip 2 time a day with My DT466. Now IM not going to be doing much over 50 but thats ok. There a pulpwood yard with in 25 miles anywhere down here and saw log with in 15 miles. pulpwood I can only put about 15 to 18 tons on logs 18 to 20 tons. I really like my truck. Buddy of mine has a short truck but his boosters are 14 foot apart. he has a 3208 cat in it with a 10 speed. he likes it and he will out run me to the mill but i be there before he is unloaded. He will spend 2 times the fuel I will too.  
No matter where you go there you are!!!

starmac

I have a non turbo 3208 and one of the old cheesy 13 spd's in a little twin screw straight truck. It will climb a tree, but you aren't going anywhere in a hurry, she tops out at 55.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

mike_belben

My wife once she'd climb Dane Cook like a tree.  

I was like REALLY!?  

Cuz that dudes kinda ugly.  Then i went to look in the mirror.  
Praise The Lord

starmac

Now iffen you want big power in a little single axle truck, I have one with a 453 detroit in it. lol
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

Dave Shepard

Around here, a 4900 tandem with a DT466/530 would be common, and you would get a RR transmission. 
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Thank You Sponsors!