iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hakka Pilke x37

Started by roundbarn, October 12, 2017, 12:55:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roundbarn

Has anyone found that the splitter has ever got stuck moving back and forth non stop? What is the cause? How can i fix it?

GRANITEstateMP

Hello Roundbarn!

It yours a Hakki 1x37?  I've got one.  So this happens from time to.  If you've got the 1x37 like me, you grab a nice piece of cardboard and a wrench and ratchet set.  lay your cardboard in the sawdust at the bottom of the machine, maybe rake it out first???  Look at all the magic rods underneath, scratch head multiple times.  From front looking back, there is a spring on a moving L shaped bracket that moves up and down (bracket is mounted through backside of machine if that helps).  On the end of that bracket you'll see some shinny wear.  It contacts a 5/16ish size bolt.  I usually end up removing the L shaped bracket and putting a little weld on it to build it back up.  It'll keep it from constantly cycling.  I will take a peek in my Hikki Pilke (aka Hockey Puck)  book and see if I can find the part number.  Usually a real easy fix.  I end up putting a little weld on her ever 50 or 60 cord.

Best of Luck,

Matt
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

GRANITEstateMP

roundbarn,

Again if you have a 1x37 (as I do) the part is called the Triggering Lever, pn 10023.  I've got a parts manual I found on the magic on-line machine and printed out.  The piece is under: 1.7 Exploded View of the valve mechanism.  It's #8 in that pic.

I got the pic and manual from JS Woodhouse.  I've bought some parts from them and the folks at Hammond Tractor in ME.  Both were real good to deal with.  I'll post a link to the manual (hope that's ok to do?)
http://jswoodhouse.com/brochures/hakki%20pilke%201x37%20parts%20manual.pdf
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

chubby

exactly. 90% of the time it's because the sawdust underneath hasn't been cleaned out and is preventing that plate from springing back. If it's cleaned out underneath, either that plate is worn or the bolt that it hits is worn. It's a pretty simple mechanical machine. If it's something that's worn, it's pretty easy to fix or replace.

Thank You Sponsors!