iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sharpener

Started by hopm, October 09, 2017, 09:48:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hopm

Anybody have experience with the woodland grindlux sharpener? I've waited and looked and schemed and messed and it's time......I know there are better and know there are worse but it does fit my current price point. Please provide input/guidance.
Thank you in advance for any response!!

paul case

I went from a ez boardwalk sharpener to a WM drag style sharpener and back again to a ez boardwalk sharpener.

http://www.ezboardwalk.com/Item/ezboardwalk-sharpener

I found that there are a lot of things that can make an automatic grinder mess up and some take a lot of looking to figure out. Since we have been getting our bands for $13.40 each we use and sharpen and use then disgard. A light face grind from the ez sharpener fixes them up just right.

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

hopm

Do you do any profile to wheel or just face grind?
What blade you you run?

goose63

I have the woodland sharpener and it's more than payed for it's self just wish the wheels would last longer
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

paul case

The EZ sharpener only grinds the face of the tooth. I use a cbn wheel that doesnt need shaped and it will sharpen 100 or more on one side and maybe 70 bands on the other side before the grit wears off.

I have been using simonds red streak bands from a company that is not a sponsor here so I will not mention their name. I have told them about the forestry forum. I have to buy 30 of them to get that price delivered, but we use up 30 in 20 working days.

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Thank You Sponsors!