iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Woodland mills hm130 tracking resolved!

Started by Novascotiamill, October 09, 2017, 08:27:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Novascotiamill

I kn ow this belongs to an old post but I couldnt findit. I got my problem of blades popping off when torquing to tension and whith 1st contact with the log. It seems I had too much lube flowing and was hydroplaning the blades off.l1srt time users mistake.saw is cutting great now. The customer service was very helpfull and sent me an updated belt with a vee hroove which I havent tried yet.

the second big issue I had was an occasional sore back from moving logs so I nipped this in the bud and bought nice and shiny kioti ck2610 with loader and forks hydrostatic transmission!

Cant wait for another back ache to see what the toy dr recomends ,happy sawing from not so way up north in Nova Scotia

2017 HM130
Stihl 261
2010 F150 xtr
Lots of rigid genx5 tools
1 long haired german shepherd
2017 kioti ck2610HST with FEL and forks
Grindlux band sharpener
Wicked 55" root rake grapple
O

Hilltop366

Hi and welcome from down the road in Yarmouth County.

Glad you got things worked out!

To help you find posts that you made recently you can click on "Show new replies to your posts." near the top left of the page, it will be listed there if someone else has replied to it. Another way is to click on "Profile" then "show post" to find your post in different threads.

fishfighter

With that new loader, invest in a cant hook( just the hook) and chain to help flip logs and big cants. ;D

sawmilljoe

Novascotiamill

Hmmm i like the cant hook and chain idead,I just inheritated some big clear hemlock,24 plus inches 10 ft lengths man its heavy,was looking for an easy way to turn them.
2017 HM130
Stihl 261
2010 F150 xtr
Grindlux band sharpener
O

fishfighter

With the cant hook and chain, just rap the chain 360 around the log and lift it with your felt. ;D Just go slow so you don't damage anything. ;D

thecfarm

Nice tractor you have there. HP? Turning those big ones make a heavy load on the bed of the sawmill.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Novascotiamill

The tractor has 25 hp, but same frame and running gear as the 35 and 40 hp models.put a 66 inch bucket on the loader and two rear remotes( not sure why but seemed like a good idea at the time!) also loaded the rear industrial tires with ww. My first tractor so wasnt sure what id need or use. Love it so far.
2017 HM130
Stihl 261
2010 F150 xtr
Grindlux band sharpener
O

btulloh

Better to have too many remotes than not enough.
HM126

Novascotiamill

Ive always had that view with woman and beer but it never seemed like a good idea after the fact!
2017 HM130
Stihl 261
2010 F150 xtr
Grindlux band sharpener
O

Thank You Sponsors!