iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

i know

Started by coxy, October 09, 2017, 07:01:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

I'm not the only one that in a conversation with someone calls the wife the old lady   I did it yesterday at the market and didn't know she was standing behind me  :o  ;D

Ricker

I have done it, not good.  Don't try to smooth it over with " babe I didn't mean you are getting old, I meant that after 27 years you are old news you know more like the same old lady type of thing. Didn't help in the least.

goose63

I do it all the time.

The one thing I will never do again is ask Nancy are you going for a ride when she is holding the broom   think_not  stupid_smiley bat_smailey bat_smailey bat_smailey
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

coxy

I new I couldn't be the only one  ;D     I was thinking this morning after I posted I am write she is older than me :-X I cant wait till her b day in jan she will be 50  :o :o :o I may not be on the FF after that but I'm hoping she has one hell of a good cense of humor wish me luck :D      I remember saying one time when she was prego with our first wow your getting fat I didn't mean it in a bad fat way but she had a bowl of cereal and well I was covered in it the more I laughed the madder she got  :D the broom thing I said to my mother in law  just one time WOW what a mistake she some how so fast grabbed the bristle part of that broom and smacked me with the handle a crossed the ribs didn't that hurt :D   my father in law spit his coffee all over the table told me iv wanted to say that for a month now and didn't dare took her about 6months to talk to me we get along great now  ??? ;D

sawguy21

:D How NOT to win friends and influence people. You guys are really pushing your luck.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

sandhills

coxy just a word of advice, my wife just turned fifty and has and still is having a tough time with it, the farthest I've went was to say "well it beats the alternative", I wouldn't even go that far if I was you  ;).

coalsmok

My wife was saying something about being as big as a cow.  "I think your a pretty heifer" was not the correct response.  After my ears quit ringing it was a real quiet ride home and evening.
Some people have no sense of humor

Raider Bill

I've been giving relationship advice here on the FF I didn't think anyone was listening. Makes me proud. :D :D :D ;)
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

East ky logging

When you're watching tv with the wife and she looks at some woman on there and say I wish I was as skinny as her the correct answer is not "I wish you was too ". Takes awhile to kinda convince them you was only kidding.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety- Benjamin Franklin

brianJ

Golly you guys,  I gotta make sure the old ball & chain doesn't know who I am associating with at the forum.

Runningalucas

My bride wanted to know why I was laughing hysterically, and I told her I related to the posts I was reading.  She asked me to read some of the better ones, she wanted to laugh too.....   I'm now posting from my camper outside. LOL 8)
Life is short, tragedy is instant, it's what we do with our time in between that matters.  Always strive to do better, to be better.

yukon cornelius

Have you ever went to say something and were thinking of saying something else? My wife was being funny and I was going to jokingly say "that was stupid". I was thinking she might take it seriously so instead I thought I would say " you are silly". Instead of either if those the words that came out of my mouth was a mix of the two, "you are stupid" spilled out of my mouth. That was about 20 years ago. I will let you know when I'm not in trouble anymore  :o :D
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

coxy

I was thinking about letting the other half read the posts here to let her know Its not just me but I think ill pass on that  ;D

Raider Bill

Quote from: coxy on October 10, 2017, 10:12:04 AM
I was thinking about letting the other half read the posts here to let her know Its not just me but I think ill pass on that  ;D

Have her call me I'll explain everything :D :D

Magicman

I briefly mentioned the topic to Pat.  She did not seem to be mused so I dropped the subject.   :-X
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sandhills

Lynn you're wise beyond your years  :).  I'd be lost without my wife, but alas, I'm still a male, most of it she puts up with and what she don't I can't blame her for just me  ::).

Grizzly

When I talk about my crazy friends everyone thinks of some of my buddies that they know. But i's sure gots a bunch of them on here!!

It's good to be wise and I love and respect my wife but I got to prod the hornets nest every now and again just to remind her I'm not some refined gentleman from the upper crust. She steams for a few seconds and then realizes what I'm up to.............and then I worry about my next meal!!   :D
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

Weekend_Sawyer

I call my lady friend "Old Girl" and she calls me "Old Guy"

... and then we forget what we were talking about.

It's a comfortable relationship. :)
Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Ricker

I mentioned the topic to my wife last night. She just shook her head, said you're a idiot. Then she said what about the time she was about 4 months pregnant with the first boy and she said she was feeling fat.  I said no, I like the look, you've bagged up nicely.  She didn't get it so I mistakenly explained it. Evidently she didn't enjoy being compared to a prize winning dairy cow at that point in time.

10 minutes later she gives me a kiss and said remind me again why I love you so I know why I haven't slit your throat during the night. I do love the woman, she can dish it out too. Got to have some humor if you are going to make the long haul in wedded bliss.

sandhills

(Kind of) a funny story, one of my best friends has a nervous "querk" about him, he laughs when he gets nervous.  He's been kicked out of the maternity ward by nurses for more than one of their 5 children's deliveries, my wife was working for one of them.  Every time his wife would scream in pain he'd start laughing, this wasn't intentional just a reaction which my wife tried to explain to the rest of the staff but it didn't help much, they still led him out the door.  In his defense though we were moving cattle one day and a cow got caught up in wire, in the process of trying to cut her loose he got caught up too, she was dragging him by one leg across cornstalks while I was trying to cut the wire (as was he) but he was laughing his head off the whole time while bouncing through the field on his back  :D.

coxy

Quote from: Raider Bill on October 10, 2017, 10:38:50 AM
Quote from: coxy on October 10, 2017, 10:12:04 AM

Have her call me I'll explain everything :D :D
the only trouble with that is your a long ways away and I'm not driving that far getting the crap beat out of me on the way so thanks but no thanks  :D :D

Raider Bill

On the way here she will be all excited to meet me and enjoy our beaches. We'll talk, she'll laugh, joke around then kill you so you won't be making that trip back. :D :D

pineywoods

Overnite, I went from a "gone from home a lot " job to a retired 24/7/365 caregiver when the wife suffered a severe stroke. Needless to say, there have been a few (well maybe a bunch) of "moments". I had to learn to "bite my tongue" (old saying). We have survived 18 years without any homicide....
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

coxy

Quote from: Raider Bill on October 11, 2017, 08:33:23 AM
On the way here she will be all excited to meet me and enjoy our beaches. We'll talk, she'll laugh, joke around then kill you so you won't be making that trip back. :D :D
:D :D  why don't you make the trip up here that way it doesn't cost my older daughter to ship my body back it will all ready be here  :D :) ;D

tree-farmer

All I can add to this is when the wife and I are watching the news and there ia a story about some poor old boy being dispatched by a spouse, her standard response is,"must have been somthing he said"  :D
Old doesn't bother me, its the ugly that's a real bummer.

Thank You Sponsors!