iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Woodland Mills 126 or Woodmaxx ?

Started by smoker62, October 08, 2017, 10:23:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smoker62

I was sold on getting the Woodland Mills 126 but then ran across the Woodmaxx  SM 126. Looks like a nice unit. Larger engine , auto blade lube, standard longer track , which you can add to the Woodland, but then the price is close. Comes mostly assembled so you can be running in a couple hrs . What do you guys think ? http://www.woodmaxx.com/product_p/sm-26.htm

Savannahdan

Enjoyed watching their video.  He sure was using a lot of water (5 gallons).  I do like the 5% veterans discount and free shipping.
Husqvarna 3120XP, Makita DCS7901 Chainsaw, 30" & 56" Granberg Chain Saw Mill, Logosol M8 Farmers Mill

Dan R

Smoker,
I have a Woodland mills 126 and I see so many parts and features on the Woodmaxx unit that are the same as mine. Looks like they were built in the same factory.
I like my mill for what we do with it.
Dan

Savannahdan

Looked further and see that Woodland Mills now offers trailer packages for their mills.  They really do a good job with their videos on their products.
Husqvarna 3120XP, Makita DCS7901 Chainsaw, 30" & 56" Granberg Chain Saw Mill, Logosol M8 Farmers Mill

fishfighter

The only thing I really see as a up grade is the galvanized track system and 1 more HP motor.

The amount of water flow is way to much. Price is about $400 for the Max.

Another point is support. Don't know about the Max, but I been having my Woodland 126 getting close to three years. Only called them twice and both times they sent me parts for free that were up grade parts. ;D Can't beat that as after the sale service. 8)

Oh, in the next day or so, I will give a full report on my Woodland Mill and the things that are good and what up grades that really I think they need to do to bring it up to a higher standard.

smoker62

The WM 126 is 9.5 hp vs 14 HP on the Woodmaxx. But I do like the customer support from Woodland. Dont know about Woodmaxx. Also auto blade lube , standard long track, free shipping , which you can include with the Woodland for about the same price .So, Woodmaxx is still slightly more money even after you add the extra track length to the Woodland. How much is the added HP and auto lube worth. IDK.

cgchuck

So  I just bought the maxx . I did not even get it set up  yet and they called me to see how I was making out . I don't know if it is better than the woodland mills , but I think they certainly8 stand behind their products .

bags

William1961

I read their instruction manual for the WoodMax.
Nice pictures lots of information.
But one thing I would like to see changed is that their company logo is on all the pictures.
This logo obscures some of the items that is being referred to when making adjustments.
IE: Loosen this bolt, but the bolt is obscured by the company logo.
Looks a little frustrating but seems to be a nice mill.

DanMc

I've had the HM-126 for about a year now and am perfectly happy with it.  The Woodmaxx 126 looks like a bit of an upgrade from the HM-126.  The "126" model number is curiously similar.

The adjustable log supports look like a nice improvement.  The auto lube feature would be handy because when I'm using lube, I often forget to start it or turn it off.  But then lately I haven't been using any lube and it's working fine.  The wood is pretty wet as it is, and I find the gravity-fed lube plumbing to be finicky.  I would like to see Cook's guides on my HM-126 so it can be set up with a little blade down-pressure.  I think that would help to reduce the blade climbing as the blade dulls. 
LT35HDG25
JD 4600, JD2210, JD332 tractors.
28 acres of trees, Still have all 10 fingers.
Jesus is Lord.

Cutting Edge

Quote from: DanMc on October 09, 2017, 01:18:36 PM

I would like to see Cook's guides on my HM-126 so it can be set up with a little blade down-pressure.  I think that would help to reduce the blade climbing as the blade dulls.

The modification of switching to a roller guide system is the single best improvement to make to ANY sawmill using a "block" or "ceramic" pad style guide system. 

Better lumber quality, longer blade life, more consistent tension and LESS frustration. 

Well worth the investment.  I've installed several for customers and NONE have regretted it for reasons above and more.   ;)

"Winning an argument isn't everything, as long as you are heard and understood" - W.S.

Cutting Edge Saw Service, LLC -
- Sharpening Services
- Portable/Custom Milling and Slabbing
- On-Site Sawmill Maintenance/Repair Services

Factory Direct Kasco WoodMaxx Blades
Ph- (304) 878-3343

Engineer

I only have one problem with the product description on the WoodMaxx website.  Let the product speak for itself and point out the positive features.  I am already less inclined to consider one of these mills because they feel the need to take a poke at their competitors.  I don't care if the product is assembled in America, Veteran-owned or whatever.  As an example, if I'm buying a new truck, I'm not going to rely on Ford to tell me what's wrong with Chevrolet. 

Other than that, it looks like a clone of the Woodland Mills HM126, with a few different (and not necessarily better) features.

goku78

I recently purchased a woodland mills hm 130.  I noticed Woodmaxx  came out with their mill and had some buyers remorse.  I am satisfied with my hm 130. But for $800+ less I could have got the Woodmaxx mill.  I have a chipper and snowblower from Woodmaxx and they are a good company to deal with. (good support)  I like the longer adjustable blade guide on the Woodmaxx.
HM130

Thank You Sponsors!