iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

jd350b

Started by coxy, October 07, 2017, 06:10:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

does any one know of a way to get the bolt loose that tightens the brake band up with out pulling the final drive off (cant believe it seized up in 6 months)  I don't want to spray anything in there afraid it will make the clutches slip if it gets on them I don't know how much pressure to put on the bolt before it brakes if I didn't need to use it now I would just put a piece of pipe on the ratchet and go but I know if I do that now it will brake and don't need that at this point   

luvmexfood

Quote from: coxy on October 07, 2017, 06:10:58 PM
does any one know of a way to get the bolt loose that tightens the brake band up with out pulling the final drive off (cant believe it seized up in 6 months)  I don't want to spray anything in there afraid it will make the clutches slip if it gets on them I don't know how much pressure to put on the bolt before it brakes if I didn't need to use it now I would just put a piece of pipe on the ratchet and go but I know if I do that now it will brake and don't need that at this point   
Can't help you but would love to have a good 350 with 3 point hitch to bushog with.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

rdobb13

If only it was a 450, just spent a week on one.  Not sure how close they are to each other.  Is the clutch adjustment access a small plate under the seat? 

coxy

rdobb13

I broke the tanks loose from the bottom and left all the lines hooked up.  Took a come a long and raised them up, took the whole top plate off. 

It gives you enough room to get to the brake band.   Take the pipe plug out of the side and you can pull the shaft that holds the band in place.

coxy

a 350 is different you have to change the steering clutches and brake by taking the final drive off its a pita on the 350 and 350b     the 350c isn't bad there is no seal to mess with the b has a seal to keep the oil out of the clutches   you can adjust the brake through the top cover its maybe 6x6 with 4 bolts

bushmechanic

You only got two choices other than removing it, the first being heat and the second being pounding with a hammer in hopes of swelling up the part and loosing the threaded part.

coxy

Quote from: bushmechanic on October 10, 2017, 05:54:41 PM
You only got two choices other than removing it, the first being heat and the second being pounding with a hammer in hopes of swelling up the part and loosing the threaded part.
what about the 3rd choice    sell it  :D     I was thinking about hitting it but its a pita to get a good swing on it

snowstorm

if there is any way to get at it heat it. torch    heat gun sometimes if your lucky will work. or the bolt heating coil. i dont have one was told how they work by someone that dose. he said it was great. it heats only the bolt or nut

pineywoods

First, try some blue creeper. That stuff works wonders...
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

coxy

Quote from: snowstorm on October 11, 2017, 06:06:39 AM
if there is any way to get at it heat it. torch    heat gun sometimes if your lucky will work. or the bolt heating coil. i dont have one was told how they work by someone that dose. he said it was great. it heats only the bolt or nut
for got about them

Thank You Sponsors!