iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New to me mountain logger

Started by Themissinglink, October 06, 2017, 08:19:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Themissinglink

I just bought a mountain logger 150 it is in buitiful shape ...
PLEASE help I would like serive manuals or some info on these thing like,
There is two "hydic tanks " what one is which and what oil do I put in ?
How do I check the trans oil
The which was unhooked , I have the control , but do not know which way the hydic lines hookup .
The winch is drove off a driveshaft , will I hurt the which with the lines off and possible no oil in it , I don't know ? What oil goes in the which ect .
It has a brand new motor that runs great . It would idel at half throttle , thanks to utupe and 10 mins I fixed that .

Just looking for any info or help I could possible get , thank you very much...
I am not that smart to figure out how to. Load pic on here but I have them on my album

Themissinglink

Oh I more ? Should the diffs be in all the time ?

thecfarm

No help on the skidder,but I can help on the picture posting. You are so close.
Welcome to the forum.
I like to go to whatever post or start a new topic first to include a picture.Go to your gallery,it will open in a new window.Click onto your album,then click onto whatever picture you want,it will get bigger,than scroll down a little to find,Insert Image In Post,click onto that,click Yes and that is it. Some have to copy/paste the link to work.I like to hit the enter key at least once or twice to move the picture down away from what I am typing. The enter key really helps to leave some white space if posting more than one picture or posting a comment. Use the preview button to see how it looks and modify it if needed.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

kiko

Wow!  Nice looking machine.  Looks like a 653 dual exhaust , bet that thing is a beast. Never seen a ML skidder in person but have heard they were a component machine.   Are their any tags on the winch?

Themissinglink

Brand new motor, all brand new tires old weather checked but hey, all the panals are straight .
Yes there is a tag on the Whinch ,I just can't get my head in there to see it .
The guy had a water tank on it , then started to put it back for logging and never finished it , that was 7-8 years ago .
We put a bAttery in it , dad was turning it over ,I was waiting for it to build oil pressure and see fired right up after about 7 sec , I could not believe it!
He put a pile of $ in it ...
The hr meter has 11.5 hrs , I was thinking it was changed with th motor but now I don't think it was . Not sure what to think on that . It idel at half wide open making it very hard to do anything ... I fixed that in 10 min thanks to youtupe ..,
I am not a Detroit guy either .
I think it's a 6-71 I believe , " v 6 " and Clark everything . I just need to get some info on the trans ,Whinch ,ect ...
I have to try to start finding tags and go from there .
The toque converter has hyd lines to the trans .
Both "hyd tanks " are tied together somehow with different filters and levels in them .
I can't find anywhere to check the trans level , I think it runs of the toque , which is tied in to one of the tanks ....
I got the motor running right today so I keep at it when I get time ,busy time of the year for me .
I would like to " play " with it , but I am scared of burning up the pump in the winch. " pto drive " again need to research ,
Everything except the guards were put back on , winch control , line to the winch control , and the brake pedal is right on the floor , the diffs are engaged all the time don't know if it is supposed to be like that . Even has working lights , lol
There is a lever on the left side of the seat too I have no idea what it's for

Themissinglink

coxy

that looks short some times good sometimes not just don't turn sharp on a side hill   looks like a 6v53 Detroit  should have good power for the size of the skidder it should be 3x loader than a 353  :D  good luck with it 

lopet

Hope the rest is as good as the rubber and the paint.  8) 8)
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

Mooseknuckle

Nice skidder, would live to hear that Detroit spooled up!!! Please upload to Youtube and paste the link in this thread when you get a chance.....no shortage of Detroit fans in the forum!!!
Pioneer P51 is look'n for a Buddy!!

Thank You Sponsors!