iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Went Fishing

Started by Magicman, October 05, 2017, 04:41:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Some on here will recognize and have eaten Catfish there.

Their specialty.

I could have ordered this seafood plate.

But instead I opted for this.   food3
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Savannahdan

Reminds me a bit of Sue & Charlies that was on Kentucky Lake quite a few years ago.
Husqvarna 3120XP, Makita DCS7901 Chainsaw, 30" & 56" Granberg Chain Saw Mill, Logosol M8 Farmers Mill

sawguy21

That does look good although I have never had catfish.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

21incher

That looks real good. Hard to find fish like that around me. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

WDH

Been there a number of times.  As good as it gets.  Love the thin, curly, fried, catfish. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

drobertson

MM, that  would not be a flounder laying there in all that butter now would it?
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Magicman

Was, as in past tense.   food6  :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

BradMarks

Pass Manchac.  Middendorf's has the BEST catfish.  And a communal family style table set up makes it fun too.

Magicman

Yup, a huge Cypress slab table.  We had 19 adults seated.   ;D

WDH

Best catfish that I have ever had.  Just fine, thin, crispy, wonderful. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Looks like it was cut with a dull blade.  ;D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WDH

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

drobertson

surely they de-barked them ;D
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Woodcutter_Mo

If I'm ever down that way, I know where I'm stopping for dinner!  :o 8)
-WoodMizer LT25
-592XP full wrap, 372XP, 550XP, 455 Rancher, RedMax GZ3500T
-Fixer-uppers/projects:
024AV, MS260, MS361, MS460, Shindaiwa 488, 394XPG

Yoopersaw

I love Flounder stuffed with Crab, a dab of butter, and some lemon.  Baked until done.  The conclusion of many nights on the bays in the Gulf spearing back in the 80's.

Chuck White

I like Flounder cut into bite-size pieces dipped in beer-batter, then deep fried!

Drop it into the deep fryer and when it comes back to the top, it's done!   digin1
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

pappy19

What town is it located?
2008 F-250 V-10
2007 Lincoln LT
1996 Ford Bronco
Kubota 900 RTV
Shindiawa fan

Magicman

If that question was for me:  Middendorfs

pappy19

Is that the name of the town and/or the name of the Restaurant?

Pap
2008 F-250 V-10
2007 Lincoln LT
1996 Ford Bronco
Kubota 900 RTV
Shindiawa fan

WDH

Magicman

The physical address listed on the Restaurant's website linked above is: 30160 Hwy 51 S. - Akers (Manchac), LA 70421.  The post office is Akers and it is located in the town of Manchac.   ::)

The website also has a locator map showing that it is located on Lake Maurepas.

pappy19

2008 F-250 V-10
2007 Lincoln LT
1996 Ford Bronco
Kubota 900 RTV
Shindiawa fan

moosehunter

I just read the menu.  If I leave right after work I could be there for dinner tomorrow night!
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Magicman

It would be worth the trip.   food6

Thank You Sponsors!