iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mobile Dimension - Mobile MFG

Started by willysjeeps, October 05, 2017, 02:59:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

willysjeeps

:( For those of you that like the air cooled vw mills gas mills, I just hear the Mobile Mfg is no longer making the Dimension sawmill, or any other. Their last mills rolled out in September, but they will stay around to supply parts and such. I learned of this when I called to get parts yesterday.

If this has already been posted, my apologies.  :embarassed: :(

DanG

I'm not surprised. The owner's health has been poor for years.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

TKehl

:'( 
I've always liked their mills.  MD was on the short list before I found my Lucas. 
In the long run, you make your own luck – good, bad, or indifferent. Loretta Lynn

4x4American

It's too bad they don't have anyone taking it over..
Boy, back in my day..

oakiemac

Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

dgdrls

Brucer

I just came across some literature they sent me many years ago. It was the first sawmill I ever looked at.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

thecfarm

I only saw the mill run at a show. I was impressed by it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Ianab

Along the same lines, you can still buy a Mahoe with a turbo diesel that works along the same lines. The big log capacity is still needed in NZ and Aus, especially for portable milling, so that style of mill  is still popular.

http://www.sawmills.co.nz/our-products/supermill/
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

sawmill_john

Hey guys long time since I've visited the forum.  I heard form one of my old buddies, that Ron was closing down the plant.  I spent 22 years working for him, had some great times there, and the customers were the best part, that's what I missed the most.  I hope he still can get parts out, if you guys have problems getting things let me know I still know all the part numbers to all those old belts and bearings, and what parts need to be custom fabricated.

John

sawmill_john

Well Dan G! how are you, glade to see your still kickin' down there is Chattahoochee!!  I really miss my mill, I just bought an Alaska mill because my father-outlaw had a nice big old red oak cut down, 32" at the butt. and 10' of clear and straight. I'm havin as much fun as I can in the Architectural Sheet metal business.

John

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

DanG

Hey Sawmill John!  Great to see ya on here for a change. You really should drop by more often. Yeah I'm still kicking...well I manage to wiggle a toe now and then anyway.  My old mill is even more decrepit than I am.  Life circumstances relegated it to the back burner but the fire went out on that burner. Don't know if I will ever get it running again or not.  :-\
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Thank You Sponsors!