iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Logosol B751 Bandsaw mill?

Started by Engineer, October 05, 2017, 11:43:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Engineer

Has anyone here laid eyes on (other than Youtube) or hands on the new Logosol bandmill?  Looks pretty slick.  If so, what did you think?  It seems to be one of the many contenders in the 4-post manual operation hobby market.  Some of the design features appear unique to the mill.  I used to have a Logosol M6 chainsaw mill years ago, so I can attest to the quality already.

Savannahdan

If I'm not mistaken Bailey's handles their equipment here in the U.S.  Don't see it listed on their site.  I did watch a You-tube on it.  Looks nice.  I noticed the water drip seems to be a little high and when it was running the water looked like it beaded off the blade.  I had a Cook's MP-32 and liked the felt-swabbing system. 
Husqvarna 3120XP, Makita DCS7901 Chainsaw, 30" & 56" Granberg Chain Saw Mill, Logosol M8 Farmers Mill

Ga Mtn Man

And all this time I thought it was LOG-o-sol :D  Looks like a well thought out mill and I really enjoyed the slightly awkward Swedish to English translation.

https://youtu.be/OmyFKF8zIa0
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

Percy

I like the band wheel/ fan combo idea. Slicker then snott on a doorknob. Not sure how much hormones it has but possibly hook a hose up to the sawdust output and get all that stuff where it should be(not in my shorts)...
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

ToddsPoint

I love my Logosol M7.  I wonder how much this new mill costs?  Gary
Logosol M7, Stihl 660 and 290, Kubota L3901.

SlowJoeCrow

richhiway

they have a relationship with Norwood and it is the same has the Norwood imported sawmill.
Woodmizer LT 40
New Holland 35 hp tractor
Stihl Chainsaws
Ford 340 Backhoe

bandmiller2

Very nice band mill, the Swedes do things right, wonder what they sell to sharpen and set bands.?? Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

bandmiller2

Around minute 2:20  it shows the roller guide with considerable band sticking out beyond the roller. What is considered too much band overhang beyond the guide.?? Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

SlowJoeCrow

Quote from: richhiway on October 18, 2017, 06:39:57 PM
they have a relationship with Norwood and it is the same has the Norwood imported sawmill.

Rich,  are we talking about the same mill?  This logosol doesn't doesn't look anything like a Norwood, even the new imported mill IMO.  I think the Norwood import resembles the Woodland Mills lineup.

I am curious is this B751 will be availabe in the States.

JB Griffin

That is one of if not the most impressive manual mills I have seen.
Very well thought out.  With a 25hp honda that would be an awesome little mill.
2000 LT40hyd remote 33hp Kubota with 6gpm hyd unit, 150 Prentice, WM bms250, Suffolk dual tooth setter

Over 3.5million bdft sawn with a Baker Dominator.

SlowJoeCrow

That's exactly what I thought - it would be nice to see a larger engine option compared to the 13hp as advertised.

Crusarius

*DanG, wish I saw this a little sooner. I would have incorporated some of their features in my build.

richhiway

Woodmizer LT 40
New Holland 35 hp tractor
Stihl Chainsaws
Ford 340 Backhoe

SlowJoeCrow

Looks like they just started to offer it or are still building their website out to accommodate this new item, at least we have a price now.

starmac

What I noticed is those Swedish guys are tough, They can get by with a cant hook you can stick in your pocket.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

Thank You Sponsors!