iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My make do with what you got pump house

Started by Darrel, October 04, 2017, 11:25:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darrel

I have some Doug fir 4x8x16' taken from a house last summer, a whole bunch of tree tops and small logs I was too cheap to throw out, a mix of ponderosa pine and juniper.  Plenty of 1" blue pine I sawed last summer. A need to get this thing covered before the snow flies. 

I'm leaving it a dirt floor as it is going to be replaced next summer and I'll be moving it onto a foundation with floor.  Will be bolting it together for easy disassembly when the weather warms up next spring.

I live off grid so I pump a 1550 gallon tank full about once a week and use gravity flow to my RV.  The small pump you see in the pic is for fire suppression. I use my Hobart stick welder to power the pump in the well. 

Anyhow, here is what I have so far. 

m
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

thecfarm

That wheel barrow helps on on the size of thing. Going to insulate the walls?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Darrel

It is 12' X 14' and the roof will have a 3/12 pitch. I plan to insulate it with foam.
1992 LT40HD

Darrel

Well the pump house project got put on hold because my wife wants a mud room next to the RV. So Vera and Grandson Ike helped me cut shiplap on the table saw and we nailed it down to a juniper foundation.  Juniper because even though I'm using concrete pier blocks it is still very close to the ground and pine won't hold up too long.  I will get back to the pump house as soon as I finish the mud room. 

1992 LT40HD

Darrel

Ok, I've made some progress.

Inside looking up.

View from laying on my back on the roof.

Inside 5th wheel looking out.

I leveled one side of the rafters on the mill and sawed a flat on the top side for nailing the sheathing to. Some of the rafters are Pondarosa pine and some are western juniper.

Got plastic on the out the outside of it yesterday and the snow is flying today.
1992 LT40HD

Thank You Sponsors!