iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawmill Shootout 2017 pregame

Started by 4x4American, October 03, 2017, 08:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4x4American

I'm excited to see how that little ecobooster green leaf grasshopper friendly 46hp tier 4 emissions engine does on the super 70 against the bluestreak with the big bad cummins 65 hp people eater and legendary Hank Somero at the helm...hope someone takes some decent videos at this one.  I'm prepared to offer a roll of pennies to whoever takes me a good video of the 70, the lx450 and the bluestreak during the competition..yes, a whole roll of pennies.  That means there is a 1/50 chance you may end up with a 1943 copper wheat penny, which are worth around $60k last time I checked so yea that's a pretty good deal.  Any takers?   ;D
Boy, back in my day..

drobertson

Based on the previous shoot outs I've attended, it almost would require several cameras, one on each.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Jack S

watched the shootout today and was mostly impressed by the lucas operated from what I was told the owner of the lucas mills. He made every move count and had his 3 logs done first.He was cutting both directions.  The next to finish I believe was the baker then the wood mizers. All 3 were also running edgers. From what I saw it wasn't all apples to apples. as the machines were all different plus different power plants. I will watch them again tomorrow and Sunday. It sure is fun to watch. One of the operators also told me it isn't  just speed to win its also quality of the finished product and maybe some other factors. its new to me to watch it.

dgdrls

Need some video of the Lucas crew as well as
the others,  did Turbo Sawmills enter this year??

D

Jack S

D, Not sure about being a turbo,but that lucus mill was cutting verticle horizontal forward and back and what is really impressive no turning of the log and very few height adjustments on the 2x 8s, also did 2 logs at a time. I can see why you like your mill. The only bad It would kill my back working on the ground and having to bend over all day.  Ill see more today  Jack

drobertson

Quote from: dgdrls on October 07, 2017, 08:56:45 AM
Need some video of the Lucas crew as well as
the others,  did Turbo Sawmills enter this year??

D
You're right about that,, I did not make this one, and not sure of the operator, the folks from the west coast can make it happen as well Ian from Australia, they are very impressive, Nathan with Peterson is a tough cat too,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Savannahdan

I almost went but changed my mind with Hurricane Nate.  We weren't sure where it was going for a while.  Anyway, I enjoy using my Lucas and had it cutting red oak this past Friday.  When I got to the middle of the log there was so much figure that I stopped and decided I needed to break out the slabber (CSM).  Had too many interruptions yesterday to get it done and decided to flip the log and work from the bottom.  Hopefully the wife and I can make the agricultural show in Moultrie, GA.
Husqvarna 3120XP, Makita DCS7901 Chainsaw, 30" & 56" Granberg Chain Saw Mill, Logosol M8 Farmers Mill

mad murdock

some cool vid of the shootout in progress, a couple of the swingblades represented well here! 
https://youtu.be/li-RU9CHjA0
I am sure that there will be more reported in the sponsor (manufacturer) boards.  would have been nice to be there in person. 
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

dgdrls

Thank You Sponsors!