iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

5860 stolen

Started by Ed_K, October 02, 2017, 02:02:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed_K

Went to the job this morning I only have one far corner to log cut 3 trees then started down over a steep bank to check and make sure I wasn't leaving anything saw a patch of blue (I can't believe I missed a tree way down there) walked farther and There It Was found my tractor.
Almost to the bottom up against a big popple tree in some brush so thick you could hardly walk thru it. Stupid me, I looked it over no real damage (bent the bucket a little and a rod that makes the pto clutch work)then I got on started it up and drove it back up even used it to bring out a hitch. I should have never touched it and had the police come dust it for prints. No not me get right on and put it back to work.
Thanks to everyone I know you'all felt as bad as I did. I really don't know why I didn't go over the edge after all that's happened. I thank GOD maybe I'll even get better too.
Ed K

Bert

Ed,

Thats the best news I have heard in a long time. So glad you got your machine back.  Guess the neighbor was wrong on seeing it hauled off.
Saw you tomorrow!

leeroyjd

Good for you Ed, glad to hear it! Maybe punks joyriding?

Weekend_Sawyer

Wow, great news. So now what happens, give the check back minus damages?
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Dave Shepard

8)

I see the Log Street Journal posted about it on FB.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Satamax

Quote from: leeroyjd on October 11, 2017, 04:31:39 PM
Good for you Ed, glad to hear it! Maybe punks joyriding?

Or Ed-K forgetting to put the handbrake on?

Ed, sorry! i couldn't resist!

Glad you found it!

Now, you have to explain to the police, and to the insurance. Rather you than me!  ;D

French CD4 sawmill. Latil TL 73. Self moving hydraulic crane. Iveco daily 4x4 lwb dead as of 06/2020. Replaced by a Brimont TL80 CSA.

luvmexfood

Don't beat yourself up too much over the prints. Sounds like kids just took it for a ride. To get anything from prints whomever would have to been fingerprinted before for their prints to be in the system and then you have to deal with rain and heavy dews possibly degrading them. Sometime plumb you in a hidden fuel cutoff valve and remember to turn it off at the end of the day.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

red

It's always the last place you look. Sleep well tonight.
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Plankton

That's great news glad you found it looks like a nice rig second on fuel line disconnect or hidden battery disconnect. Glad there was not any signifigant damages as well.

thecfarm

There that makes me happy!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Peter Drouin

smiley_clapping So happy for you. 8) 8) 8)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

coxy

so happy to  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)                   wonder if that's why they didn't want to give names maybe it was them that sent it over the bank

lopet

There you go  Ed.  8) 8)   Hope you can work something out with the insurance.
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

Ed_K

I spent all afternoon calling everyone and getting it taken off the internet. When I called the insurance they said that I need to write void on the check when I get it and send it back. I'm going to send it registered mail. Then the next question was how much damage was done. I had looked it over real good and checked what a rod would cost to fix the pto clutch release and the bend in the bucket is not worth replacing. So I told the ins man not enough the get to the 1k premium so I'm all set with them.
I have a key kill switch on the taylor skidder so I think the landini needs one too. I don't like the shut off on the fuel (there's one on the taylor) and I had to write at the switch to remember to turn it back on after bleeding the system a couple times. So it'll be electrical.
Well here's to a good day working in the woods (I don't hurt to much) going to get to it.
Everyone have a great day and be safe.
Ed K

Magicman

I was happy to read about the recovery.   :)

Quote from: Ed_K on October 03, 2017, 09:03:40 AM
Found out last night a neighbor across the road saw it leave on Sun the 24th was a dark colored truck with black trim probably a one ton. Said it wasn't as big as the gravel trucks that go in and out. 
I would be very suspicious of that neighbor.  His detailed description sounds like a diversion.

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

Ayup sounds kinda odd too.  ???
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

TKehl

This is the neighbor that mentioned a town as well, yes?  Could be involved or could just want the attention, thinking stinging you along is a joke.

Listening again to the truck description, part of my mind goes to an old western...  He rode a black horse with a black hat, curly dark mustache, big guns, and I think he was headed West.   ;)

Sad to hear of damage, but glad it turned out as well as it did.
In the long run, you make your own luck – good, bad, or indifferent. Loretta Lynn

Ron Scott

~Ron

Hilltop366

Quote from: Hilltop366 on October 02, 2017, 03:15:36 PM
perhaps wishful thinking are you sure someone didn't take it for a joy ride and it is still on the property some were?
Ha, look at that! I guess you can tell your neighbour who is the clairvoyant now!   :D :D

Glad it all worked out Ed.

Autocar

Sounds like everything is falling into place, glad things are turning around for you  ;).
Bill

GRANITEstateMP

Ed, sorry you had to go throw that whole ordeal, not like you don't have enough stuff going on as it is!  Hope it all turns out ok.  Glad you got your rig back!
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

Corley5

Glad it worked out 8) 8) 8) 8)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Stephen Alford

Man , that is great. From were you found it so well hidden.. it almost seems like it was stashed with the intent to get it later. If that is the case your site is not secure. I think there should be more action pics of your tractor and skidder on here so we can keep an eye on them.   ;D
logon

PA_Walnut

Were the keys left in it when the perps took it? If not, how difficult is it to hotwire a modern unit?
I own my own small piece of the world on an 8 acre plot on the side of a mountain with walnut, hickory, ash and spruce.
LT40HD Wide 35HP Diesel
Peterson Dedicated Wide Slabber
Kubota M62 Tractor/Backhoe
WoodMizer KD250 Kiln
Northland 800 Kiln

Ed_K

I wasn't sure about the key till I found the tractor, the tarp I use to cover the seat and control's was pulled off sideways and I was hiding the key by the fuel tank under the tarp so that's how they started it. It would only take a small screw driver like we use to adjust carbs on saws to stick it in and turn it. Or just unscrew the switch and cross the wires on the back. I'm more leer'y of the the neighbor's now than before. There's a low income development a mile down the road. I only have about 2 weeks left to finish then we move all equipment home for awhile. When the neighbor stated it left the property I gave up looking but the way I was feeling it wasn't hard to quit looking. It's hard for me to walk around in the brush. In some places it takes me 15 mins to get to a tree get it down and measured up.
The clairvoyant and eye witness are two different people but I think their a little odd to me. I don't believe in it but I do believe in dousing.
Ed K

Thank You Sponsors!