iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

5860 stolen

Started by Ed_K, October 02, 2017, 02:02:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed_K

If being sick isn't bad enough some one decided they needed my Landini more than me. Finally got up enough strength to go logging and when I got to the landing my loader/skidder tractor is gone. I hadn't been to the job in 3 weeks so I don't know when it disappeared.
Anyone have ideas of where else I should alert companys. I put it on Tractor House .com already  . Reported to police,dealer I bought it from and to my Insurance (found out that I did insure it) I'm going to call Mcfadden's out in New York too.
Ed K

thecfarm

:o  Someone needs to be dragged behind something.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

coxy

Ed I'm so sorry  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(  what the hell is wrong with people they need the sss treatment  do you have a pic of it ill keep a look out for it around my area and let people know  again I'm sorry  >:(

Savannahdan

Sorry for your loss and the problems it'll cause. 
Husqvarna 3120XP, Makita DCS7901 Chainsaw, 30" & 56" Granberg Chain Saw Mill, Logosol M8 Farmers Mill

Hilltop366

Sorry to hear this Ed, perhaps wishful thinking are you sure someone didn't take it for a joy ride and it is still on the property some were?

Could put a ad on line (craigslist) and offer a reward for info, it would also alert people in the market for one so they don't get burnt by buying a stolen tractor.

47sawdust

Wow Ed,That really stinks.That is a sweet tractor.It sounds like you are on the right track.I would call all the tractor dealers in your area.That is a rare tractor and I'm hoping it shows up soon and not damaged.Too many low lifes around.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

petefrom bearswamp

Hope they find the Dang perpetrators
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Ed_K

The land owner next door that lets me use their driveway for me and the log trucks to access my landing spent the afternoon looking over his land to see if someone went thru a fence to get it out. No luck. Has to be someone who knew it was there and when the neighbor would be gone for a while. Here's a couple of pictures.

These were before the forestry tires were put on.
Ed K

coxy

thanks ed for the pics   don't know if it will ever show up here but if I see something like it ill call the law to let them know about it  hope every thing works outs this is not what you needed at this time stay strong

snowstorm

A couple years back someone took my rotten for a ride. They did bring it back. I called the state cops. They told me if they couldn't drive there car to it there was nothing they could do. So I tried the forest service. They were there in less than 2 hrs. They set up cameras.  The guy that took it had a hunting close by. I was given the dirtbags name. The forest service called him. Just to let him know he would be watched

47sawdust

Contact all log truck drivers with a picture of the machine,might show up on a landing somewhere.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

dgdrls

Very sorry to hear this Ed,  McFaddens is a good place to start with notices,
you can check regional CL as well for the tractor whole or the bucket and winch seperated

D

Plankton

That's some really bad news, people don't have anything better to do these days then steal a working man's tools what a shame. Sorry that happened to you. I'll keep my eye out and spread the word where I can I'm in relatively the same area as you. Hoping it turns up soon. I'm logging a mile from bacons if you want me to let them know about it I will be going in there to pick up some saw parts on thurs.

lopet

Sorry for your trouble, hope it's gonna show up some where.
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

mills

My goodness Ed. There is nothing more despicable than a rotten low life thief. Bad thing about it, I think it's going to get worse. Too many people out there that think we owe them something if we have more than they do. They can't grasp the fact that most of us have been working two or three jobs at at time for our whole lives. Time to bring back public hangings.

Ed, I'll keep you in my prayers. Someone else will have to take up the slack for the low life.

nativewolf

Ed very sorry to hear.  We've never met but I can say that ...that sucks.  Landini is one of only 3 orchard tractor models that I have my eye on and I've seen the pictures of your build and have a couple saved off and sent to my mechanic/fabricator. 

Well, I would suggest that you use the following tool to search craigslist.

www.searchcraigslist.org. 

It searches all over the US/Canada.  You can sort only by relevance and date so it is going to give you a broad set of search results.  What it will do is give results from everywhere.  Not always perfect but if they stole it and drove it 400 miles away and post it, you'll find it I'm sure. 

Man, so sorry to hear about that.  Makes me worried about leaving my property.
Liking Walnut

newoodguy78

Sorry to hear about this Ed, I will definitely keep my eyes and ears open for you. That is one seriously rotten move on someone's part. Just a thought but maybe notify weangers?, the big tractor salvage yard in PA. What part of Massachusetts was it taken from?

4x4American

That's awful news I'm sorry to hear.  Are you near any ports?  I hear that alot of these guys will steal em and ship overseas.  Maybe try port authority?
Boy, back in my day..

Randy88

Check with and keep an eye on all the auctions, especially those far away from you, it might turn up on auction many states away, those places are supposed to do a check to make sure its not stolen, but its hard to keep up to date on all the stolen serial numbers out there floating around and can be easily missed.      Point being, make sure its listed in a national sheet and not only a state sheet reporting it stolen.     

Sad to hear about it, but luckily you had it insured.   

chevytaHOE5674

Sorry to hear that. I farm some fields 30 miles from home and often leave equipment there for days or weeks and I lose sleep at night all the while my equipment is sitting out there. If I don't have reason to be there for more than a day or two the wife and I will go for ice cream and check on it just so I can ease my mind some. Being a "peculiar" model should make it easier to keep an eye on Craigslist, auctions, and equipment jockey lots.

PA_Walnut

Taking in a man's tools is about as low as it gets. When I was a teenager, I had some buddies who robbed a neighbor's work van, taking tools, etc.
I told them that if they didn't quietly put it back, I'd turn them in--it was a man's tools to earn a living to put FOOD ON HIS TABLE. They returned all of it.  bat-smiley
I own my own small piece of the world on an 8 acre plot on the side of a mountain with walnut, hickory, ash and spruce.
LT40HD Wide 35HP Diesel
Peterson Dedicated Wide Slabber
Kubota M62 Tractor/Backhoe
WoodMizer KD250 Kiln
Northland 800 Kiln

Crusarius

Hate to say it but I would check the scrapyards. Scrappers are still high in numbers and lower than low stealing whatever they can cutting it up and turning it in for scrap prices.

Stoneyacrefarm

Ed.
Sorry to hear what happened.
I'll keep my eyes peeled out my way as well. 
Work hard. Be rewarded.

Ed_K

Found out last night a neighbor across the road saw it leave on Sun the 24th was a dark colored truck with black trim probably a one ton. Said it wasn't as big as the gravel trucks that go in and out.
I'm wondering if it's headed to florida for the clean up?
Ed K

Puffergas

That sucks! Or sold to someone in Florida.
Jeff
Somewhere 20 miles south of Lake Erie.

GEHL 5624 skid steer, Trojan 114, Timberjack 225D, D&L SB1020 mill, Steiger Bearcat II

Thank You Sponsors!