iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Piebald deer

Started by WV Sawmiller, February 03, 2018, 05:10:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV Sawmiller

My son called and invited me to go with him and two younger granddaughters to Lewisburg WV to a gun show. I agreed to tag along and just outside of Lewisburg in a big pasture we spotted two deer. One was an old doe while the other was a piebald yearling with white and brown markings all over her body, head and face. We stopped and got a good look but I had neglected to bring my camera and was too far for my son's cell phone. I have always heard about them but this was the first piebald deer I ever saw. pretty neat.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Magicman

Jeff's "Magic Buck" this year had a spot of piebald on his back.

While I was watching him before the shot I thought that the hair was rubbed off.  Nope, full hair, just almost white color.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WV Sawmiller

I first thought this one today was a goat with a deer till we looked closer. I have heard about them all my life but was neat to see one. I just hate I left my camera at home.

I hope Jeff saved and tanned the hide off his Mississippi deer. That should be a real pretty hide.

Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Thank You Sponsors!