iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

MS260 and 026 help

Started by woody367, September 28, 2017, 11:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woody367

My 026 saw runs and shuts off like its starving for fuel. I cleanded the carb and replaced the fuel line and filter but still the same result. Any thoughts what it could be? Also my MS260 the black wire from the switch broke off. Now I can not figure how to put it back ing and make it stay, it keeps coming out.
Thank you

btulloh

I had that problem with my 026.  Cleaned the rebuilt the carb, replaced fuel line and filter, same problem.  I'm not a carb guy so I just took it to my dealer.  He adjusted the float and it's been fine ever since. 
HM126

Chop Shop

MickMac

Quote from: woody367 on September 28, 2017, 11:03:14 PM
My 026 saw runs and shuts off like its starving for fuel. I cleanded the carb and replaced the fuel line and filter but still the same result. Any thoughts what it could be? Also my MS260 the black wire from the switch broke off. Now I can not figure how to put it back ing and make it stay, it keeps coming out.
Thank you

Could be many things....did your re build carb? if you did then check impulse, crank bearings etc

woody367

What does the impulse line do? I did not replace that. Also which I have not tried yet is I have a new aftermarket carb in my toolbox which I can swap out but did not until I knew this carb was the problem. As for the MS260 I still can not figure out what holds that black wire in on the kill switch.

Woodcutter_Mo

My 024 would start good and die out when it warmed up and I replaced the carb and thats what ended up curing it after rebuilding the carb, complete case reseal, piston, and lines. It wouldn't hurt to put the aftermarket carb on and see how it does. Check and/or replace the ompulst line while you're at it. If it's cracked, it can cause an air leak and lean out.
-WoodMizer LT25
-592XP full wrap, 372XP, 550XP, 455 Rancher, RedMax GZ3500T
-Fixer-uppers/projects:
024AV, MS260, MS361, MS460, Shindaiwa 488, 394XPG

Texas-Jim

Impulse is the vacuum from engine that pumps fuel to the carb.
What we do in life echoes through eternity.

dougand3

The metal tip black kill wire goes in a plastic ring hole on black control/choke rod, near the selector lever. The metal tip green wire goes in a metal ring hole in the bottom of the brass contact spring. When selector lever goes up, metal touches metal = stop.
It doesn't matter if green and black wires are reversed.
Husky: 372xt, 272xp, 61, 55 (x3)...Poulan: 315, 4218 (x3), 2375, 2150, 2055, 2000 (x3)...Stihl 011AVT...Homelite XL...Saws come in broken, get fixed or parted, find new homes

woody367

I ordered a new impulse line and will try that  with the aftermarket carb when the line comes this week. I will see how it goes. Thanks

woody367

Quote from: dougand3 on September 29, 2017, 09:27:34 PM
The metal tip black kill wire goes in a plastic ring hole on black control/choke rod, near the selector lever. The metal tip green wire goes in a metal ring hole in the bottom of the brass contact spring. When selector lever goes up, metal touches metal = stop.
It doesn't matter if green and black wires are reversed.

There is no metal tip on the black wire like I said it broke off. I striped it back a little and know where the hole is but can not get it to stay/lock in.

dougand3

You could strip a butt connector of insulation and make a new metal tip.
Husky: 372xt, 272xp, 61, 55 (x3)...Poulan: 315, 4218 (x3), 2375, 2150, 2055, 2000 (x3)...Stihl 011AVT...Homelite XL...Saws come in broken, get fixed or parted, find new homes

thedoublejranch

Quote from: Chop Shop on September 29, 2017, 01:32:21 PM
Quote from: btulloh on September 29, 2017, 08:34:18 AMHe adjusted the float and it's been fine ever since.

Hmmm,  popcorn_smiley

He means diaphram.  ;D (Walbro)

I had the same issue. I always run alcohol free fuel, but I bought it new in 1990 and finally had to take the carb apart and clean it. Runs great again, should get 18 more years out of it. Love that saw. Its perfect sized for my timber farm.
The Double J Ranch & Timber Farm.
Member "NWOA" National Woodland Owners Association"

thedoublejranch

Quote from: woody367 on September 29, 2017, 05:03:10 PM
What does the impulse line do? I did not replace that. Also which I have not tried yet is I have a new aftermarket carb in my toolbox which I can swap out but did not until I knew this carb was the problem. As for the MS260 I still can not figure out what holds that black wire in on the kill switch.

He meant "pulse" as the crankcase on a 2 stroke breathes (pressure/vacuum/pressure...), it operates a diaphragm in the carb that acts as a fuel pump. Many saws will also pressurize the bar oil tank with these pulses (with a check valve) and it oils the chain that way too. Not all saws oil the bar that way. But if it does, crack the oil cap when done or it leaks bar oil out the feed port for a while after its off.  ;)
The Double J Ranch & Timber Farm.
Member "NWOA" National Woodland Owners Association"

Ada Shaker

Quote from: thedoublejranch on October 01, 2017, 06:11:11 PM
Quote from: woody367 on September 29, 2017, 05:03:10 PM

He meant "pulse" as the crankcase on a 2 stroke breathes (pressure/vacuum/pressure...), it operates a diaphragm in the carb that acts as a fuel pump. Many saws will also pressurize the bar oil tank with these pulses (with a check valve) and it oils the chain that way too. Not all saws oil the bar that way. But if it does, crack the oil cap when done or it leaks bar oil out the feed port for a while after its off.  ;)

Do like this Forum, learn something new every day.
If it hangs to the left, your likely to be a Husqvarna man.
If it hangs to the right, your likely to be a Stihl man.
Anything else is an uncomfortable compromise.
                             AND
Walking with one foot on either side of a barbed wire fence can become extremely uncomfortable at times.

woody367

Ok got the switch wire figured out thanks to all on the sire. Now just waiting for the new impulse line to try fixing the 026.

Thank You Sponsors!