iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Valhalco Wood Preservative

Started by chet, December 29, 2004, 03:02:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chet

I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Tom

It sounds like a Borate application, Chet.  Funny that they don't indicate what the "active" ingredient is.

chet

Sounds like one of them too good to be true products. I haven't been able to find out anything about what it actually is. No ingredients or an MSDS.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

dail_h

It showed up on the Norwood forum today. Sounds almost too good,but if the price is right......... Think I'l try some
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

mur

Hi:
My lady and I have used Lifetime for at least five years.  Did the woodshed and wellhouse.  We have used it on western cedar, lodgepole pine and white spruce.  Turns a dark, silvery gray over time.  Quite attractive.  I seem to remember the pamphlet saying not for below ground application.  Parks Canada uses it on its outdoor signs in Banff and Jasper.  Nice, organic material - secret ingredient -type of thing.  Northern European recipe.  My building supply manager is big on it and this is where most of my info is from.  He's met the people who make and sell it.  We like it as it is as easy as brushing on water.  Stains the hell out of your hands and clothes though.  Our friends who have used it all like it too.  But how long it preserves??  I'll know better in about 20 years or so!!  
Don't dream it, be it.

dail_h

I couldn't figure out how to order it. Did I miss something, or was that info not there?
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

Jeff

My guess is that its an agent that simply increases the speed of surface oxidation.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

steamdonkey

Hi folks. It's been a while since many of these posts went up. Any recent feedback on how well this stuff works? I'm building this summer and looking for something like this for some very exposed logs. Many thanks.

kelLOGg

I read the description of Lifetime on the web site offered by Chet and nowhere does it say what it protects against. boring insects? sunlight? termites? no mention of these.  smiley_headscratch. I would like an environmentally benign product for outdoor structures but I need to know what it claims to prevent. Other than appearance why do you use it?
Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

Thank You Sponsors!