Sponsors:

bloodroot

Started by coxy, September 24, 2017, 02:53:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

has/does anyone pick it and what do you do with yours

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Never heard of it. Anything like Moxie?  ;D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

DPatton

Isn't the plant itself toxic?
TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

Work isn't so bad when you enjoy what your doing.
D & S Sawmill Services

coxy

some say it is some don't  :-\

Weekend_Sawyer

From the above link:

"Bloodroot is used to cause vomiting, empty the bowels, and reduce tooth pain."

I'll pass.

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Don P

click the 'uses" tab on that link. there is a pharmaceutical company named there. that might be a buyer.

coxy

I'm not picking it just wanted to know if anyone did  ;D

Crusarius

I always thought it was what happened followed by oops or uh oh.

SwampDonkey

We have never picked it here, but it is up before the trees leaf out. I do not find it in many places. We pass on that and go for the spring fiddleheads.  ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Sawyerfortyish

I dug a lot of it. We deal in ginseng so my blood root went to china along with the ginseng

Mooseherder

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on September 24, 2017, 08:57:14 PM
Never heard of it. Anything like Moxie?  ;D

only if you drank the whole dang bottle.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

What is Moxie??   ???
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Mooseherder

I'm a thousand miles from no where in a cave with an orange shirt drinkin' this thing called MOXIE.
Where am I?!

MAINE!

Mooseherder

I think we need a MOXIE Ice Cream. :)

Magicman

Hey, hey, hey.  Now you know how a love a Coke Float, so maybe this has possibilities.   cone_1
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Mooseherder

Just drink the first half of da float. franken-smiley

thecfarm

Moxie icecream. It has been done.
I think I have seen that bloodroot. Likes to grow in kinda wet,shady areas.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

coxy

well seeing we put MOXIE in the post we may as well put MOXIE BLOODROOT AND GRITS all in one   :D :D 8)

goose63

coxy you may be on to some thing here

Then send some up to Ray  ;D
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

thecfarm

Ray has a lifetime supply of grits and that blood root don't sound that good. I know that Moxie is nothing that I like to drink.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

coxy

Quote from: goose63 on September 26, 2017, 07:32:37 AM
coxy you may be on to some thing here

Then send some up to Ray  ;D
el no I never had bloodroot or moxie but if its anything like grits you can have them all steve_smiley steve_smiley steve_smiley steve_smiley :D

Chuck White

There used to be a guy and his wife here, and they would go out and dig up Blood Root and Gensing and send them out for BIG $$$$$.

No idea who the buyer was, but they were importer/exporter type!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

SwampDonkey

They tried ginseng up here, but it is not native to NB and it did not take on most sites. They had some trials years ago, never hear of it anymore. It is native to NS I think though at the southern tip, which is odd since the only link is to NB.

Dwarf ginseng (Panax trifolius).
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!