iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

"new" Husqvarna 365 value

Started by caveman, September 24, 2017, 09:30:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

caveman

What would be a fair price to pay for a never run, never gassed or oiled 365 without a warranty?  I suspect the asking price is decent but not great.

Are there any obvious reasons to avoid this saw?  I have read mostly good things about the 365/372's.

Does the 365 run the same bars as the larger saws in the Husqvarna line up? 

I need to replace or repair my 359 which continues to break my makeshift repairs at the mount behind the chain catcher. I do really like the performance and reliability that the 359 has provided but I need to evidently find a sprocket side case half to repair it properly.
Thanks for your input,
Kyle
Caveman

sawguy21

It's hard to gauge price without knowing your market, here in logging country a seller might ask 600 and take 5. It wasn't a big mover, it was too close in price to the virtually identical but more powerful 372XP which has the same bar mount.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

caveman

Thanks.  For those of you who have run 365's, what kind of performance and reliability have you had from them.  I think this saw is still available and I could use a decent medium sized saw but would like to get one that will serve me well for some time. 
Caveman

Maine logger88

They have decent power and the 3 I had lasted really well! I would say around 500 to 550. You can buy a new one with 2 year warranty for 750
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

caveman

Thanks, Maine logger 88.  That is the $ range the guy is asking.  I am trying to decide if I should try a 562, this 365, 372, wait on the 572 or just look for a reasonably priced used saw in this size/power range.  Whatever I end up with, it has to be able to start in hot, humid weather.  With the 562 reviews that I have recently read I am a little apprehensive to go that route (my 545's protest a little this time of the year but they start after a few pulls and run well after a minute or so).

I do not make a living with a saw but I do want one to perform well. 
Caveman

barbender

I had the Jred twin, the 2165. People will say why would you get a 365 when you can have a 372 with more power for the same weight? My experience, as I also have a 2171 (372) is the 365 has more low end and a smoother power delivery. I really liked mine, it didn't wear me out as much. Unfortunately it had a wrist pin bearing fail and tear things up pretty bad. Then I got the 2171 (more power, right?) it makes me think back to snowmobiles I used to have. One was a race sled, that thing ripped and it was a blast, until you got tired and then it just beat you up. The other one was a trail machine, big smooth power and plush suspension, a way more relaxing ride.
Too many irons in the fire

Maine logger88

Quote from: caveman on September 25, 2017, 10:45:54 PM
Thanks, Maine logger 88.  That is the $ range the guy is asking.  I am trying to decide if I should try a 562, this 365, 372, wait on the 572 or just look for a reasonably priced used saw in this size/power range.  Whatever I end up with, it has to be able to start in hot, humid weather.  With the 562 reviews that I have recently read I am a little apprehensive to go that route (my 545's protest a little this time of the year but they start after a few pulls and run well after a minute or so).

I do not make a living with a saw but I do want one to perform well.
If you are looking for it to last long I wouldn't get a 562. I have had 3 and haven't had one go a full year yet. The newest lost a crank bearing in 2 months which was fixed under warranty. We will see how it goes from there. The 372s and 365s and there jonsered counterparts I've had all have gone 2.5 to 3 years before being worn out
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

Thank You Sponsors!