iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My dog, "Straight".

Started by Tom, December 29, 2004, 02:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

My dog Straight is my bud.   He sits outside of the barn while I'm sharpening blades, greets me in the front yard when I come home from work, follows the tractor when I'm working, walks beside me when I take a stroll and loves to go to the woods.   He will run ahead and hunt until I catch up and then run ahead again.  We've been quite deep into the woods together.

He's getting to be an old dog, about 16 now as best as we can remember. He was once a terror of the squirrels.  They would scold him and he would chase them.  They would run up the tree, and when they turned to scold again, found him hot on their heels.  He, and his sister, Kink (deceased), would jump from tree to tree in hot pursuit.

Now, his main interest is my hand.  He follows it with his eyes regardless of what the rest of my body is doing.   If I let it get close enough, he will tenderly grasp it with his claws and put it on top of his head.  I can almost hear him say, "Pet me, Fool!". :D :D

He still runs and meets me when drive up though. :)

Jeff

I remember that dog when I was down there. He's just a big pussycat as dogs go. I member when he got snake bit too.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

jgoodhart

Soo that'ss what a Southern dog looks like ;)

Bro. Noble

Well Tom,  I hate to be the one to tell you this,  but something about ole 'Straight'  looks a little queer to me :)
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Tom

Yep!

The Big ones have stripes and some have a lot of hair around the head.

They can give a Bull Dog a bad time. ;D

Tom

It's only cause he's been fixed, Br'er Noble.  He's really not that way.  ;D :)

Bibbyman

We had a young hound dowg once so long ago I can't remember his name.  But I did a lot of plowing then and he'd follow me up and down the 40 every foot of the way.  This would go on for hours in the heat..  He did that for a couple of year until he smartened up enough to lie in the shade where he could watch me plow.  If I stopped or left the field,  he was right there.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

dail_h

Tom.
    I know my eyes ain't too good,but that IS an odd looking dog.
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

MULE_MAN

So that's what the dogs in the south looks like huh  ???

What does that Cat's look like down there  ???

Is that what happens to a Dog that eats Grits  ???
Wood-Mizer LT40HDG25 with Simple Setworks, debatker, 580 CASE backhoe

OneWithWood

Tom, you been wearing those glasses on the top of your head for a long time . . .
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Tom

I was wondering where they were. ;D

Mrs._Stump_Jumper

Tom,

I think you must of uploaded the wrong picture you might wanna take a closer look at the pic you upload next time.
 :D :D
 I know I get mixed up once in a while but that sure is a strange lookin' dog  :D :Dif so I had one that looked identical to that but I had to give him to my sister 'cause he didn't like to travel. :'(
Delcy - Morley, MI
'07 F350 Dually, Diesel, Flatbed
3 Lovely Children Jonathon, Monica, and (Jeff)
2 Brittany Spaniels:  Buddy and Pumpkin Pie

Jeff

QuoteTom,

I think you must of uploaded the wrong picture you might wanna take a closer look at the pic you upload next time.
 :D

I know, I can't figure out why there is a circle saw back behind the dog in that picture either.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

ScottAR

Tom, that's a fine lookin dog ya got there!  Looks just like my new pup "Snowflake."  Same color and everything...  

Snowflake likes a scratch behind the ears when she doesn't think my hand is a chew toy.

:D :D :D :D

Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

Weekend_Sawyer

You know Tom, that's the only kind of dog I'm allergic to.
I can be in a room with one for about 20 minutes, then if feels like a weight is on my chest and I get itchy all around my neck.

They say you are no one until you have been ignored by one of those.
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

OneWithWood

Someday, Tom, I will tell you about a cat I used to have named Fido. . .
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

leweee

Tom .. I have a simalar dog named "Pushy"

Dog's have owners , Cat's have staff :D :D :D
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

iain

Will you lot stop it with the humouring, and being polite, if Tom needs to seek help ;) let him know,
personaly i think it looks like the start of a comfy pair of slippers :D

iain

DextorDee

Tom , is that one em endangered Fla panthers? ???
Ken
KI4BMW
North East Georgia

Murf

Quoteif Tom needs to seek help  let him know

I'm not gonna say it, 'cause I got me one of them "general purpose poshing up suits" also, but sooner or later Iain, somebody's gonna mention them "ventilated trousers" in a less than flattering light.  :D

Éireann go Brách !!

If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

Tom

That dog on the chair looks just like my dog. ;D

Slippers??   I'll bet you that a confrontation with Straight will have you high-tailing it in nothing but your belt loops.  This rascal might be 18 years old, but he has talons long enough that the airport security probably wouldn't let him on a commercial flight. :D  He knows how to use them too.   Still climbs trees, after a fashion, and only falls off of the couch about once a week. :D

iain

See what i mean about "help" where can you see belt loops on my pic?

iain

Tom

Actually I like that outfit.  Being of Scottish ancestry, I wish that I could wear something like that.  The problem is that I would lose a skirt and be left there with a smile on my face.   Sometimes the only thing keeping me from losing my trousers is my knees.  That's what happens when ones torso girth matches or exceeds his hips. :D :D   

Guess I'd have to have belt loops. ;D :D

Buzz-sawyer

Hey Tom
You seem like the cautious type...........Belt AND Suspenders 8) 8) 8)
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

old3dogg

Hey Tom.
Cool cats can be good old3doggs too!!!
Good looking "dog" man!

Thank You Sponsors!