iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Happy Anniversary Forestry Forum

Started by thecfarm, September 23, 2017, 05:36:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

A Happy Anniversary to a super fine forum. 
How many years have we been around?
Time to tell us again how it all got started.
Happy Anniversary.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Savannahdan

I'll chime in with my "Happy Anniversary Forestry Forum."   
Husqvarna 3120XP, Makita DCS7901 Chainsaw, 30" & 56" Granberg Chain Saw Mill, Logosol M8 Farmers Mill

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Chuck White

Yes, for sure, Happy Anniversary to The Forestry Forum!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

coxy

grouch

Needs some milestones links, like first post, milling that big redwood, etc.

Are there any photos of the old pioneers hacking The Forestry Forum out of the wilderness with stone axes while living on grits and wild hogs? Was it originally steam powered and fired by slabs and sawdust? Do the Original Members scoff at how easy we have it now, just uploading photos and typing, versus hand hewing woodcuts and hauling them up mountains to post?
Find something to do that interests you.

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

grouch

Find something to do that interests you.

Magicman

I have the honor or owning one of the very few remaining "Timber Buyers Network" caps.  Timber Buyers Network

I proudly wore it to the last Pig Roast.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Don P

:D yours went up in value, mine died this spring.

Ron Scott

Still one of my favorite hats. Like its color. :)
~Ron

Darrel

I just clicked the link you posted Jeff and every link that it contained and read it all. Took quite a while to read it all, but it was time well spent. Good to look at all the work done by our families before we came along that gave us the foundations we need to build our life on.  I for one am thankful for what my family has done.

Thanks
Darrel
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

cbla

Texas Ranger

I have been here since September 10, 2000.  Been a long fun ride, new friends, new knowledge and a lot of fun.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Thank You Sponsors!