iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Kiln recommendations in central New England?

Started by Piston, September 22, 2017, 10:14:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Piston

I'm looking for a kiln somewhat locally. I found a company in Maine called Woodmill of Maine that will do everything I need, however it's a 3 hour drive for me.

Does anyone know of a more local kiln that will take one off customers?  Anything between the Lakes region of NH and central MA would be great! 

I'm planning on milling some wide plank pine and having it dried, planed, and T&G to use for flooring in my home.
-Matt
"What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race."

thecfarm

They mill wood for log cabins. About ½ hour from me.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Piston

-Matt
"What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race."

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Piston

Good me too haha. If I can't find anything closer that is my plan, to trailer it up there. I'm Lao going to have a fair amount of smaller lines to take down, and I think I may just mill them into 8x8 and eventually have the same place put them through they're plane/molded to give a t&g pattern on them and use em for a log construction shed/outbuilding.

I spoke with a guy there who seemed very knowledgeable and friendly. I just wish they were a bit closer but it's not that big of a deal.
-Matt

Thank You Sponsors!