iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Looking for Log trucks/ers in Central PA area

Started by PA_Walnut, September 22, 2017, 06:30:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PA_Walnut

I have 3-4 loads needing moved and looking for local resources.  Anyone or a referral?
Thanks.
I own my own small piece of the world on an 8 acre plot on the side of a mountain with walnut, hickory, ash and spruce.
LT40HD Wide 35HP Diesel
Peterson Dedicated Wide Slabber
Kubota M62 Tractor/Backhoe
WoodMizer KD250 Kiln
Northland 800 Kiln

mike_belben

Call the mills and ask for the scaler/grader.  Hes on a first name basis with the local drivers.
Praise The Lord

PA_Walnut

I own my own small piece of the world on an 8 acre plot on the side of a mountain with walnut, hickory, ash and spruce.
LT40HD Wide 35HP Diesel
WoodMizer KD250 Kiln
Northland 800 Kiln

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

coxy

if you have anyone come to ny make shur they dot  there i and cross there Ts   :D the guy that hauls my logs got a ticket for no windshield washer fluid   ::) ::)  that's nit picking   ;D

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

PA_Walnut

Coxy, that's some insanity there. I hope the don't actually find a J-walker. They may have to dispatch Special Ops!  :-\

Thinking about getting my own older log truck and opt-in for a Farm tag. In PA, I can do 150 miles from home-base with no CDL, etc.
LT40HD Wide 35HP Diesel
WoodMizer KD250 Kiln
Northland 800 Kiln

mike_belben

Farm tag can log here in TN.. But best prices are just over the alabama line.  Workin on getting my authority now. What a pain.
Praise The Lord

killamplanes

Authority's are worse than a visit to the dentist. Then recording milage and out of state milage, fuel purchases.  I need a full time secretary to keep up with 2 trucks..
jd440 skidder, western star w/grapple,tk B-20 hyd, electric, stihl660,and 2X661. and other support Equipment, pallet manufacturing line

PA_Walnut

Found some efficient logging trucker to git'er done.
Still have a FULL load of poplar to move out and get sold.
LT40HD Wide 35HP Diesel
WoodMizer KD250 Kiln
Northland 800 Kiln

mike_belben

Im not looking forward to it, but i cant rescue my shop up in massachusetts without going legal.  NY just wont let me pass so i might as well put dot/mc on the side and haul a paying load passed them on the way up.   The insurance policy (and a real truck) will double my logging revenue when im not on the road.
Praise The Lord

Thank You Sponsors!