iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Help needed with mulching tooth ID

Started by gvbrush, April 25, 2018, 02:07:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gvbrush

Greetings all. I'm new to this forum, but have been mulching as a vocation since 2007. We recently bought a used Fecon FGT 9025 as a second mulcher for our Bron 595 machine, and the head had an incomplete set of extremely heavy duty teeth installed on it. We have used stone teeth and fecons Extreme duty teeth over the years, but I've not run across any like these before. I'd love to find out the manufacturer and whether they are still available. They look like they might stand up for a while to our Missouri rock!
Hopefully the pictures will show up. the clean tooth is our standard rock tooth, the dirty one is what I want to find information about.

nativewolf

Ahh mulching teeth.  Well in my opinion the FAE teeth on my SSH250 are the cat's meow.  If only my tractor was as tough as the teeth >:(.   

Would you like a pic of some of these?  I am sure they have them on FAE's website.  Great teeth, we have ground through Shenandoah valley limestone ridges and not lost a tooth grinding 12" deep.  I'm really subsoil mulching/stump grinding rather than "mulching" so I need tough mulchers.
Liking Walnut

gvbrush

Thanks for the reply NativeWolf. We love our CAT branded FAE heads too. I don't think any FAE tooth would fit this Fecon FGT head, so they probably wouldn't help. We chew up a lot of limestone and sandstone with no problems, but the flint rock, creek quartz, and other super hard rock here breaks carbide tips on a regular basis.

nativewolf

We crush quartz like it is a tree root.  I will post some pictures.  

Look at FAE's site for the SSH teeth.  I agree it might be tough getting them to fit the Fecon heads.  So...I am going to ask the obvious.  Why not get a FAE SSH head?  They make some small ones.

Question for you:  How do you like the bron?  I am looking for a CMI that won't bankrupt me, I see bron's once in a great while.  Not as many though. 
Liking Walnut

Thank You Sponsors!