iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Any Hudson owners here.

Started by William1961, September 20, 2017, 05:21:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

William1961

Been trying to find out how this support is attached to the saw frame.
Any info appreciated.
Thanks.

William1961

Hudson must be going out of business.
Nobody buying their mills.😀

WV Sawmiller

They still have a standing ad in our local paper. I know of several people in the area who have them and have not heard any complaints from them. They don't have the bells and whistles mine does but they seem to be a decent value for what the people have spent on them.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

William1961

I was just looking for some info on a part on their sawmill.
There are no Hudson sawmills that I can find in my area to simply go look at.
Over 250 views of this post but no Hudson owners.
I can understand if someone chooses not to supply info.
Just trying to build a mill.
Thanks.

Magicman

I am of no help and only viewed the topic out of curiosity.   :P
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Cutting Edge

William,

After looking at some other pictures of their machines (Google), I'd venture a safe bet that vertical member is welded to the main frame of the head (portion that the wheels mount to) and also serves as the drive side guide mount. 

Hope this helps you get a better idea moving forward on your build.
"Winning an argument isn't everything, as long as you are heard and understood" - W.S.

Cutting Edge Saw Service, LLC -
- Sharpening Services
- Portable/Custom Milling and Slabbing
- On-Site Sawmill Maintenance/Repair Services

Factory Direct Kasco WoodMaxx Blades
Ph- (304) 878-3343

Darrel

Do a google search for "hud-son sawmills" and at the top of the results page you will see several options. Click on images and then scroll through the pictures. Not all their mills have that support and most don't show it any better than the picture you provided but there are a few that I think will give you the information you seek.

From what I saw, it is square tubing that supports the up/down adjustment of the saw head and is bolted to the saw head frame.
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

justallan1

Awhile back I had the HFE-21 and it sure seems that it attaches to the back band wheel support. On mine (and the one that you pictured) the bandwheel shafts are supported on each end of the shafts and then to the rear side of that you have the engine support. One thing that I liked was that, in my thinking, it would be easier on the bearings and less stress on the shafts.
Hope this helps some.

never finished

Sorry William I'm a little late. Havn't been on the forum a lot lately. That is a tube that slides up and down another tube to keep the saw head aligned. It is attached to the frame of the saw head near the top of the tube. I believe the length is to make it slide easier and straight. There is another one just like it on the other side of the saw. Not sure I did a very good job explaining it. But I know exactly what I was trying to say. I have found the hud-son people are very helpful over the phone. And seem to be happy to do it.   

Thank You Sponsors!