iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Fruit Cake

Started by Magicman, September 20, 2017, 02:10:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

OK, I love Fruit Cake, and I especially love Good Fruit Cake. Previous Fruitcake Topic
Last year we conducted a "blind test" of three different well known fruit cake brands, and the clear winner for us was the Southern Supreme.  I say "we" because PatD was also a taster and she will not normally eat fruit cake. Fruitcake Shootout The Southern Supreme is more described as a "nut" cake rather than a "fruit" cake.

Well anyway, the Southern Supreme flyer came in the mail so I ordered our first one for the year.

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

moose207

My dad works for the postal service and from a young age always told me and my sister that there is only 9 maybe 10 fruitcakes in the world and they just keep rotating around the world lol.
Ms270c (18"bar), ms440 (18" bar)

Savannahdan

I still have fond memories of delivering fruitcakes, tins of pecans and monkey calendars to folks in Mississippi County, Missouri.  We packed the back of a 1951 Chevrolet pickup with these items.  The folks receiving them were always very appreciative.  I also got to indulge in some of fruitcake and pecans. 
Don't recall where they came from.  The brochure picture of the fruitcake looks like it's just a few fruit things on top and lots of nuts inside the fruitcake.  Yum!
Husqvarna 3120XP, Makita DCS7901 Chainsaw, 30" & 56" Granberg Chain Saw Mill, Logosol M8 Farmers Mill

21incher

Found this one at Costco today. It is unbelievably good. Let the holiday season begin.

digin_2 digin1 digin_2 digin1
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Chuck White

Had some yesterday and will likely have another piece in a few minutes!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

WLC

Glad you brought this up.  Time to order our Collin Street Bakery fruitcake. 
Woodmizer LT28
Branson 4wd tractor
Stihl chainsaws
Elbow grease.

WV Sawmiller

Becky made one last weekend. We still have about half of it left. I see 2 more boxes of fruit on the counter so looks like more to come.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Thank You Sponsors!