iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timber Grading workshop in SC

Started by Jim_Rogers, June 30, 2017, 03:01:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Rogers

I have been notified that the workshop in SC is back on. You don't have to be a member of the TFG in order to attend. It is open to all. Engineers, timber framers, sawyers, designers and wood-workers interested in learning about timber grading.

Here is a new link to the info:

https://www.tfguild.org/events/timber-grading-training-course

It will be held on Oct 23 to 25, 2017 in Charleston, SC.
It should be a good event for all.

Jim Rogers
Member Timber Framer Guild Engineering Council.

Quote from: Jim_Rogers on October 13, 2016, 10:11:23 AM
I have just been notified that this event has been postponed until a later date to be announced.
Sorry about that.
10/21/16
There is a timber grading workshop being held in Charleston, SC on Nov 7-Nov 9, 2016 sponsored by the TFEC (Timber Framers Engineering Council) with the help of the TFG (Timber Framers Guild).

The event is 2.5 days of hands-on instruction by Ron Anthony (wood scientist) as well as a grader from the SPIB. Not only will it count for a stack of continuing education credits (license renewals are coming up soon...!) but it will allow you to more confidentially understand the theory behind timber grading, and put it into practice.

More info can be found at: https://www.tfguild.org/events/timber-grading-training-course

I took this course last year, and, found it well worth both the time and the money.
Joe Miller, Ph.D., P.E., P.Eng.
FIRE TOWER ENGINEERED TIMBER
Providence, RI

They still have openings for this event. You don't have to be a member of the TFG in order to attend. It is open to all. Engineers, timber framers, sawyers, designers and wood-workers interested in learning about timber grading.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Don P

Thanks for posting that Jim, I'll let the guys around here know.

red

This  sounds like a really good event only one month away in SC
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Thank You Sponsors!