iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

wood mizer

Started by coxy, September 14, 2017, 08:30:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

there is a guy down the road selling one don't know the size but  it has a rope that moves it up/down or to move the saw head I cant remember its been 10 years since I saw it but he said he put 12hours on since he sawed me my lumber total  hours on the mill is around 150-200 he is very meticulous with his equipment   I don't think that's a lot of hours but not shur he wants 5k for it is that about right I know its hard to give an answer with out seeing it or knowing what size it is but I thought you pros may know what it is     thanks for any and all help paul

Peter Drouin

If you knew the year it was, Wood Mizer might give you a ball park $$.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Peter Drouin on September 14, 2017, 09:30:17 PM
If you knew the year it was, Wood Mizer might give you a ball park $$.

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

47sawdust

One picture would have Einstein all over it.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

JB Griffin

Sounds like a lt28 to me.  They have a capstan winch attached to a hand crank for feed works.
2000 LT40hyd remote 33hp Kubota with 6gpm hyd unit, 150 Prentice, WM bms250, Suffolk dual tooth setter

Over 3.5million bdft sawn with a Baker Dominator.

barbender

The first WM I ever sawed on was my neighbor Fast Fred's mill. I believe it was an LT25, it had the capstan rope carriage feed, I don't remember how the head raised and lowered other than that it was a manual crank. It was a nice manual mill built on the same frame as the LT40, so it was similar to an LT28. This was like 20 years ago. If that is the same mill and meticulously maintained, it should be worth $5000.
Too many irons in the fire

47sawdust

I believe the LT25 came in 2 different frame sizes.16'6'' cut length and 21'cut length.As mentioned it shared the same head/frame design as the LT30/40.Very good manual mill,well worth 5k if taken care of.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

Slingshot

Could be an LT-15. The LT-15 uses a rope to drive the saw along the track.
Coxy said he didn't remember if the rope drive moved the saw up and down
or along the track. I think Woodmizer never made a mill with a rope to move
the head up and down (would stretch too much).

Kbeitz

Quote from: Slingshot on September 16, 2017, 09:38:48 PM

Could be an LT-15. The LT-15 uses a rope to drive the saw along the track.
Coxy said he didn't remember if the rope drive moved the saw up and down
or along the track. I think Woodmizer never made a mill with a rope to move
the head up and down (would stretch too much).

Not all rope stretches. I have around 100 feet of this cotton rope with steel cable inside.

Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

4x4American

static rope and dynamic rope
Boy, back in my day..

coxy

does that rope come in smaller sizes I need that for my shoe laces  ;D

Darrel

Quote from: coxy on September 17, 2017, 11:31:10 AM
does that rope come in smaller sizes I need that for my shoe laces  ;D

X2
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

4x4American

The best boot lace I've found is pull cord like for your chainsaw or weedwhacker
Boy, back in my day..

red

I have seen rope with a cable inside used on Flag Poles . 
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

barbender

I've been using some of that 550 paracord for boot laces, it works pretty well👍

4x4American

Quote from: barbender on September 17, 2017, 07:05:02 PM
I've been using some of that 550 paracord for boot laces, it works pretty well👍

I've used that before too but I hate having to wear a parachute to work
Boy, back in my day..

barbender

Haha well I tried some of that pull start cord and it worked good too, but I got irritated with the rubber handle bouncing off my shin😊

Darrel

I tried cowhide for boot laces once and it also worked pretty good. Had to quit and use something else after the first day though because I got tired of getting poked in the ribs and other places by her horns.
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

coxy

Quote from: barbender on September 17, 2017, 10:32:19 PM
Haha well I tried some of that pull start cord and it worked good too, but I got irritated with the rubber handle bouncing off my shin😊
:D :D  Darrel  thought you where going to say you got hungry and ate your laces  8)

47sawdust

So.........what about that sawmill?
Mick

coxy

Quote from: 47sawdust on September 18, 2017, 12:17:13 PM
So.........what about that sawmill?
I'm still waiting for him to get back to me

barbender

The LT20 my neighbor had was a good manual mill, and to be honest, would be all I would need. The only thing I don't care for on the LT40 based manual mills is that log clamp. It's very clumsy, IMO.

paul case

life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

trapper

with my manual LT30  once I get A large log on the bunks anytime I am adjusting the log I put a crowbar in the outer holes that log clamp go in as a safety.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Chuck White

Excellent idea trapper!    ;)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

terrifictimbersllc

Quote from: 4x4American on September 17, 2017, 02:04:06 PM
The best boot lace I've found is pull cord like for your chainsaw or weedwhacker
Keep the pull handle on, helps when you need to step over things.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Thank You Sponsors!