iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

MTD Customer Service - attaboy

Started by WV Sawmiller, September 13, 2017, 05:36:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV Sawmiller

Well, I was mowing with my 9+ y/o MTD mower I bought from TSC years ago when I evidently lost a part off the deck and had to stop mowing. I got down my operator's manual and called the customer service number there. I had registered my mower when I bought it and from the phone number the rep addressed me by name, verified the equipment make and model and asked how he could help. He helped me log in and pull up the parts manual so we were both looking at the same page and part numbers.

The tech rep identified the missing part, opened a shopping cart with the parts needed and when we were done he transferred me to sales where the lady there re-verified the parts and availability status. While we were talking, and since it was so convenient, I went ahead and ordered a roller and related parts I have been missing but not a critical part. She gave me shipping options and costs and we finished the order.

I can't say enough good things about them and how welcome it was to be treated so nice. I felt like I was talking to Marci at the PA WM office or Ms. Tammi at LogRite.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Raider Bill

That certainly wasn't my experience with MTD. I ended up giving it away after a year and buying a Ariens.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

WV Sawmiller

Sorry your experience was not as pleasant as mine. Did you deal with the customer service folks listed on their literature or your local salesman? This is the 2nd time I have called their customer service number and both times were very rewarding and worthwhile.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Raider Bill

Customer Service.
I bought it at Lowes. First one I bought got it home, fired up and sparks flew everywhere from under the deck. Took it back to Lowes. They said that was normal break in... Crazy. Finally they gave me another which never really was right.
I gave it to Wild Bill.

sawguy21

Interesting. I worked on the sales and tech support desk of the MTD distributor for western Canada, I would have sent you to the local service center as we could not deal directly with the end user. I could help find service information but could not sell direct.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Raider Bill

As in anything a lot depends on the attitude of who answers the phone.

WV Sawmiller

I just called the customer service number on my Operator's Manual that came with the mower when I bought it from TSC. Called them a couple years ago about a question about removing the electric PTO to replace a broken drive belt and got great service and the info to fix the problem. This time was just calling about a lost piece on the deck and the tech guy identified the parts then sent me to sales. I was surprised they sold direct and was actually expecting to be referred to a local dealer but I was very pleased when they offered to sell and ship the parts directly to me.

I have heard about and experienced poor customer service from many supposedly reputable brands but in all honesty, I could not have asked for anything better than the two times I have called the MTD folks.

I had a problem with my local Dodge Ram dealer about a year a go over a lifetime warranty and wrote a registered letter with the details and sent it to the CEO of Ram and within about a week his rep called and fixed everything to my complete satisfaction. The local guys did not. Just a matter of getting to the right people with the info they need. MTD has made the process simpler and handle their issues at a lower level.
Howard Green

WV Sawmiller

Well, my parts came today. Everything was there except a roller which the sales lady told me when I placed the order was not in stock and would be back ordered and delivered separately which was acceptable to me as not a critical part. The critical part was a deck leveling gear which looked like a wide narrow nut welded to a small gear with a hole in the middle for a 5/16" nut. The tech had steered me to the manual with a good exploded diagram which clearly showed how the part went in. Got it installed and back in operation in time to mow the guest parking lot before dark.
Howard Green

Thank You Sponsors!