iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

equifax breech

Started by grouch, September 12, 2017, 12:20:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grouch

Haven't seen this mentioned here, yet. You may want to consider freezing your credit. Equifax is finally admitting to a breech affecting 143,000,000 accounts -- names, addresses, birthdates, social security numbers, etc.

Some information at Chicago Tribune including phone numbers and links to Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion.

Gee, isn't that special? We the "consumers" didn't do a thing wrong, yet we bear the risk and cost of their incompetence. Who anointed these 3 to carry our personal information? Why is it called identity theft when it's venders and lenders not doing due diligence to find out who they're dealing with? Isn't that identity give-away?

Here's some salt for the wounds. If you want Equifax to put a freeze on your credit, you have to use their "web app" crap to put in all your identifying information. I guess that's so the vandals can get everyone they missed the first time around.

TransUnion wants you to register for an account. And you'll be charged from $7 to $10 for the credit freeze at each of them.

Time to shred credit cards and put your money in a jar under the mattress. Then visit your local county government offices and make sure they don't transfer real estate online via "apps".

Find something to do that interests you.

Darrel

This is why I got rid of all my credit cards 3 years ago and haven't looked back.
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

grouch

Quote from: Darrel on September 12, 2017, 12:25:47 AM
This is why I got rid of all my credit cards 3 years ago and haven't looked back.

They will still have all your personal info, if you've ever dealt with a lender (bank or otherwise), a bankruptcy court or the IRS.

Find something to do that interests you.

Thank You Sponsors!