iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

1930 Stewert ,takes a short ride.

Started by loggah, September 09, 2017, 05:12:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loggah

Well I been working on my 1930 model 30 Stewart panel truck off and on for a few months, yesterday I took it for a short ride. My wife took a few pictures in our local bridge! :) The steering was pretty bad ,so now its on jacks ,and I'm making some new kingpins and bushings, that should fix it !!!!!  Don

Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Roxie

Wow to the truck, and wow to the photographer.   :)
Say when

Savannahdan

I'll echo the wows.  Also, do you plan on starting a milk delivery business? 
Husqvarna 3120XP, Makita DCS7901 Chainsaw, 30" & 56" Granberg Chain Saw Mill, Logosol M8 Farmers Mill

thecfarm

That's a nice picture taken back in 1930.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

loggah

Have to make the picture into black and white. I believe it spent part of its life as a laundry truck, make a good beer truck !! ;D
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Magicman

This is neat.  :) We saw the Stewart and the Bridge in July.  Don told us that he would have it running and I believed him.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Dave Shepard

That's really cool. Do you know any of the Gratons?
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

loggah

I have worked with Stanley Graton, helped haul the branch brook  "turkey Jim" covered bridge out of  branch brook when it was washed downstream after hurricane Irene, and helped repair the other branch brook bridge the covered bridge ran into .

caveman

Loggah, thank you for sharing one more of your awesome accumulation of vintage iron with us.  I love the look of the trucks from the 30's.
Caveman

Hilltop366

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

sandhills

Not my truck and we don't have any covered bridges around here but I'd love to have that picture hanging on my wall!

Roxie

Say when

newoodguy78

I don't know how long it took to doctor up that picture but it was time well spent. Great picture of an awesome truck. smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup
Loggah if you decide to use that that old gem as a beer truck let me know where your route is so I can flag you down  :D
I second what Sandhills said I'd like a copy of that for my wall as well.

Kbeitz

Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

loggah

Jeff, That looks great !!! :) actually my wife took the pictures with the idea of painting it . So probably in the future there will be a watercolor of it. Don

DeerMeadowFarm

slider

Put me on the beer run too Don.Nice truck.
al glenn

samandothers

Great looking truck or SUV!  Pictures are cool too.

woodmaker

Don,that is a great looking truck! I have a couple of D series Internationals (late 30's,early 40's) that need work,but they never seem to be the top priority. I'm jealous.!

Jeff,I love that picture.
franklin q80,builtrite 40,husky 372,sachs dolmar 123, dozers,excavators,loaders,tri-axle dump trucks ,autocar tractor with dump,flatbed and detachable trailers, and 8  f350 diesels

scsmith42

Way cool!

Jeff, if you make any prints from that photo please put me down for one too.

Scott
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Thank You Sponsors!