iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Oak w leaner demeanor...Long life, let it live? or Limit liability, lay it low?

Started by MbfVA, September 07, 2017, 11:48:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MbfVA

It's been in the back yard of our restaurant for more than the 31 years we've owned it, and tho' I have not measured, I think it's leaning lower as time goes by.  I'm not a tree surgeon, but it appears to be healthy, very seldom dropping limbs like some of the other trees that are straight up and down.   I don't see any indication in the ground that it's about to pull up roots or anything like that, again take note that I'm not a tree surgeon or expert of any type in that regard.

I thought about doing this as a poll, "how many years will this tree remain upright" or "yes or no, take it down"?

But I decided to simply ask opinions in my first post to this part of the forum.   Please tell me what you think?

www.ordinary.com (really)

Don P

Well, I'm wearing you out this morning  :D. Don't put a picnic table under it and don't you cut it, they will find you in the next county. If you can't afford to let the winter or wind take it at random get a tree service to drop it and watch. Leaners can be deadly and that is a serious leaner with a lot of weight.

TKehl

Looks like a good spot to put your mill now that the other danger is mitigated.   :D

Doesn't look like it would land on anything if it did randomly fall.  I agree with Don, keep the customers out from under it, but otherwise I'd let it be.  Could go tomorrow or decades from now. 

Around here, those will either snap the trunk with wind or ice or uproot after a long wet spell.  Be sure to mill it when it comes down for the naturally curved longbow blanks.   ;) ;D

In the long run, you make your own luck – good, bad, or indifferent. Loretta Lynn

Thank You Sponsors!