iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Suprise

Started by sandhills, September 16, 2017, 10:27:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandhills

The night before last I gave my neighbor a ride to his hay field to get a tractor on the way back I went to check irrigation, then I managed to hit a fawn that darted onto the road.  I was probably going 40 or so I'd guess but went back and saw it was still breathing, probably not the "legal" thing to do but went home got the pistol and headed back, couldn't leave it there like that.  This took about 10 minutes but when I got back it's head popped up, it jumped up, and away it went, I have no idea if it's still running around or dead but I sure wasn't looking forward to what I had to do.  It did run really good, though I've no idea how it could've, it was quite a thump when I hit it, but I didn't run over it just threw it to the side.  I don't mind it so much when they run into me but hate it when I hit them.

Roxie

Last October, on a Friday, at 5 AM. I was driving to pick up Amish hired help, and a big buck ran into the side of my van.  I saw his neck bend as his head was thrown as if he was looking right over his tail,  I pulled off the road, got my flash light and walked back to where he landed in the grass off the shoulder of the road.  I could tell his neck was broken when I lifted his head by the one remaining antler. If his smashed antler matched the one left, he would have been a six pointer. 

It was a chilly morning, so I figured I would finish my run, which would place me back at the scene of the crime at daylight, and then I would call to get an Amish fella to pick him up for the meat.  After my rounds were completed, as I returned, he was gone, but the horse apples left on the shoulder of the road indicated that buck wouldn't go to waste. 

Say when

Chuck White

You "were" going to do what I would have done Pat!   ;)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Thank You Sponsors!