iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Troy bilt 27 ton log splitter motor issues

Started by Logging logginglogging, September 06, 2017, 08:12:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logging logginglogging

Has anyone had this problem with the following splitter.
I have a troy bilt 27 ton log splitter with the honda motor with it. I have rebuilt the carb and I always run good non-ethonol fuel.
I believe the valves get carboned up. It will surge and idle low, then I put a can of seafoam through the carb and it runs well again for a while. To make it run well for a long time I have found that if i Hydrolock the entire motor with seafoam or cheap parts cleaner and let it sit over night then start it up the next day and burn all the crap out of it it will run well for weeks. But eventually back to low idle and surging.
anyone had this issue with this splitter? when low idle it splits too slowly for my liking.

leonz

Does your fuel tank have the screen in it? If not you most likely have dirt/debris clogging the fuel inlet screen in the tank.

I would remove the tank and clean it and replace the fuel inlet screen while you have the tank off the engine mount.
Its always best to refill the fuel tank full when its still hot as it will drive out the moisture in the tank.

jwilly3879

Mine does the same thing so I just run it on partial choke and it is fine. I know it shouldn't be that way but I got tired of messing with the carb.

Logging logginglogging

Quote from: jwilly3879 on September 10, 2017, 07:06:59 AM
Mine does the same thing so I just run it on partial choke and it is fine. I know it shouldn't be that way but I got tired of messing with the carb.

I have been doing the same ...running on partial choke. Drives me nuts though. I think the valves get clogged up in them.

Logging logginglogging

Quote from: leonz on September 09, 2017, 11:26:09 AM
Does your fuel tank have the screen in it? If not you most likely have dirt/debris clogging the fuel inlet screen in the tank.

I would remove the tank and clean it and replace the fuel inlet screen while you have the tank off the engine mount.
Its always best to refill the fuel tank full when its still hot as it will drive out the moisture in the tank.

I actually blew back the lines when troubleshooting and had no luck. I was thinking it might have dirt in there as well.

Thank You Sponsors!