iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Name Brand Recognition

Started by WV Sawmiller, September 04, 2017, 09:02:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV Sawmiller

Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Crusarius

you guys are forgetting one of the most important ones.

LULL AKA Telehandler.

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

sandhills

Telescoping loaders, LULL was one of the first I think?  Now you can get about any brand you want.

WV Sawmiller

That's all I ever heard them called too even though don't ever remember a Lull brand on one we used. They were real handy to reach up in a truck or container to pick up or insert a pallet of freight and push it in or pull it out.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

drobertson

Allen wrenches,,  and for the record,, I did see, well actually use an original Crapper on the Island of Barbados,, it was personally signed,, pull cord and all,, ;D it was quite the moving experience :D
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: WDH on September 05, 2017, 07:58:10 AM
I am going to make a Xerox copy of this thread.
You beat me to it.  The other day I said to my son that I need to make a Xerox - he said, "a what?" :D  Then I had to explain it to him...
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

WV Sawmiller

ljohnsaw,

Wait till you tell them you need to burn a copy of something.

My daughter made me feel old when I told her years ago I almost didn't get to graduate as it took all the money I and my little brother had on us to pay the lady who typed my final research project paper. She was dead serious when she asked "You mean you paid somebody just to type a paper?" I told her yes that in those days we did not have computers and the only guys in my school who took typing had a girlfriend in the typing class or they were hitting on the teacher.
Howard Green

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on September 08, 2017, 07:14:32 PM
in those days we did not have computers and the only guys in my school who took typing had a girlfriend in the typing class or they were hitting on the teacher.
Well, my typing teacher was a crusty old guy with no sense of humor...  Had to type "hhh {space, space} hhh
over and over again...  Then "hghg  hghg  ..."

But learning how to type came in handy in my career - Computer programming...
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Darrel

I had a shop teacher that would not allow us to use terms like skill saw, crescent wrench and Allen wrench. He went so far as to dock points if he heard us call a tool by a brand name. He claimed there would be less confusion if brand names weren't used.

On a related topic, the medical profession is catching on to this logic, calling medications by the generic names and not using brand names thus reducing chances of medication errors.
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

Woodcutter_Mo

Just a few off the top of my head, Duck tape (silver tape), Crescent wrench (adjustable wrence), Channellocks are what we refer to the adjustable pliers, we call the locking pliers vise-grips. Loctite, HeliCoil, Torx, are commonly used ones as well.
-WoodMizer LT25
-592XP full wrap, 372XP, 550XP, 455 Rancher, RedMax GZ3500T
-Fixer-uppers/projects:
024AV, MS260, MS361, MS460, Shindaiwa 488, 394XPG

WV Sawmiller

Howard Green

4x4American

Boy, back in my day..

woodmaker

Payloader (I.H. only)  instead of wheel loader.
franklin q80,builtrite 40,husky 372,sachs dolmar 123, dozers,excavators,loaders,tri-axle dump trucks ,autocar tractor with dump,flatbed and detachable trailers, and 8  f350 diesels

Jeff

Darrel

And if it isn't Best Food's, or Helman's for you guys back east, it isn't mayonnaise! :)
1992 LT40HD

WV Sawmiller

Jeff,

I did not know that was a brand name. Never seen it for sale anywhere I lived or visited. I was surprised to find that in Europe it is sold in tubes like toothpaste instead of jars like we are used to.
Howard Green

Jeff

Maybe it aint. :D To me Mayonnaise is miracle whip

WV Sawmiller

Jeff,

You sound like my son. I will give the Miracle Whip people for good marketing.

Speaking of marketing when you drive up to the window at our local bank they have lollipops (Is that a brand?) for the kids and doggy treats in case you have your log dog with you. Yesterday a lady with a beagle and poodle pulled up beside me and the dogs were having a fit bouncing and yipping till they got their treat. I gather they had been there before.
Howard Green

Darrel

Quote from: Jeff on September 14, 2017, 11:38:07 AM
Maybe it aint. :D To me Mayonnaise is miracle whip

I do like miracle whip on a hamburger but That whatever knockoff brand is the cheapest at the grocery outlet stuff is a waste of money and it ain't mayonnaise!
1992 LT40HD

sandhills

WV come ride in the Gallopin Goose through the grain elevator with me some time, pretty much the same thing just depends on if you have pets or kids with you  :).  BTW I'm not counting Fred my resident mouse  ;D.

Thank You Sponsors!