iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

apple cider

Started by coxy, September 04, 2017, 08:35:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

we made 20 gal of it today was a little tart but all the kids loved it they my have the crappers in the morning  :D  in a few weeks we are going to make more and make some for the bigger kids to :-X  I tried to mix a little sugar with mine in a glass and made no difference was still to tart for me  I need to have things sweet just like me  :D :D 8)

Don P

:D We call that the green apple quickstep.

sawguy21

8) Ice cold sweet cider YUMMM!
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Chuck White

Coxy, Is your cider just apple juice or do you add anything to it?

I've tried home made apple cider and to me it just tastes like apple juice until is sits around long enough, then it tastes like cider to me!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

coxy

just apples nothing else  the juice is thick this year even put it through a coffee filter got a little more stuff but nothing worth doing it again 

21incher

If you want good cider wait for the  late sweet apples and mix them up. I like to make hard cider, it is real easy to make. Here is the first part of a 3 part video I made about making it. At 15% it is awesom.
https://youtu.be/VMRYZb3YHRY  :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

sawguy21

I have tried the hard cider, all I got was an upset tummy. :'(
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: sawguy21 on September 05, 2017, 09:44:13 PM
I have tried the hard cider, all I got was an upset tummy. :'(

Stick to the Purple Drank.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Thank You Sponsors!