iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wanting to make a loader for a B7100 Kubota

Started by TreeStandHunter, September 03, 2017, 03:29:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TreeStandHunter

I recently acquired a B7100d Kubota and I would like to get a loader for it. They are very tough to find ao im curious if it would be worth it to build one. Has anyone ever made a homemade loader? Im guessing i would need to power it off the rear PTO? It does not have power steeribg but i am not looking to move anything real heavy, mainly off cuts and slabs.
In the process of building my own mill.

thecfarm

This guy did one.

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,96485.0.html

I think it starts on page 2 or 3. It's titled backhoe,but the loader is in there too.
Looks like a lot of work and with equipment I have,I could not do it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

TreeStandHunter

I started reading that post earlier but jumped right to the last page. Holy crap that guy is an awesome fabricator, i dunno if im capable of building one but i sure can make an effort. Thanks for the reply!

Kbeitz

I made one for a Power-King tractor...

Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

TreeStandHunter

That powerking looks great! I have a case 222 that is hydraulic drive. Does that powerkings motor go right to a hydraulic pump like my case? How did you hook into the hydraulic system for the loader?

Kbeitz

Power King tractors have there pump mounted above the flywheel with a
belt that runs down around the output shaft. It's a real pain to change the
belt when needed. All five of my Power Kings are stick shift not hydraulic
drive. Two of my tractors have double tyranny's. One I put a fork-lift on it.

Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

TKehl

Since you say it's a 7100d and not dt, that means it's 2x4 not 4x4, right?  With 2 wheel drive and no power steering, I think you will be happier with a boom lift on the back and weights on the front.  It will handle better and be cheaper and easier to build in addition to actually keeping traction power on the ground. 

I had a 2850 2x4 with no powersteering and loader work was a workout and needed an implement on the back to keep the rear end on the ground.  I eventually sold the loader off of it for a kings ransom and both parties were tickled pink.   ;)
In the long run, you make your own luck – good, bad, or indifferent. Loretta Lynn

TreeStandHunter

It has 4 wheel drive but no power steering. I was told it was a 7100d but it could be a 7100dt i dont know. Doesnt have any D or DT on the logo just "7100 4 wheel drive" but it is gear shift.

sawguy21

We have a BX2670 with a loader, the machine is too light and under powered (26hp) to make full use of it. Without 4wd it would be useless even with the weight box. You sound a little unsure of your skills, a lot of engineering goes into figuring out stresses and leverages. Designing the hydraulics would also be a challenge. You might be better to look for a 35+hp farm tractor equipped with one. Just my opinion.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

grouch

A front end loader is the handiest thing on my tractor. My tractor is rated 28 Hp at the PTO, has power steering and is 2 wheel drive.

Adding ballast to the 3 pt hitch improves handing and capacity of the loader. It's a see-saw, so multiply the load times the distance from the fulcrum to get an idea of how much ballast to use at the hitch.

You might find this interesting:
Power Steering for B7100-7200

If you decide to build your loader, I suggest you first look at  Kubota's and aftermarket supplier's designs. Heavier structure means less payload. Lighter structure means easier to overload and break. Kbeitz's Power King photos above show all the elements necessary.
Find something to do that interests you.

TreeStandHunter

Quote from: TKehl on September 04, 2017, 10:10:58 AM
Since you say it's a 7100d and not dt, that means it's 2x4 not 4x4, right?  With 2 wheel drive and no power steering, I think you will be happier with a boom lift on the back and weights on the front.  It will handle better and be cheaper and easier to build in addition to actually keeping traction power on the ground. 

I had a 2850 2x4 with no powersteering and loader work was a workout and needed an implement on the back to keep the rear end on the ground.  I eventually sold the loader off of it for a kings ransom and both parties were tickled pink.   ;)

Tractordata.com has the b7100E listed as 2wd and the b7100d as 4wd

TreeStandHunter

Quote from: sawguy21 on September 04, 2017, 12:51:29 PM
We have a BX2670 with a loader, the machine is too light and under powered (26hp) to make full use of it. Without 4wd it would be useless even with the weight box. You sound a little unsure of your skills, a lot of engineering goes into figuring out stresses and leverages. Designing the hydraulics would also be a challenge. You might be better to look for a 35+hp farm tractor equipped with one. Just my opinion.

I would love to buy a tractor that large but i do not need one. I have access too a ls180 new holland skidsteer when i need to do heavy work. My tractor is 4wd i just need something for doing light work around my property and moving small loads. I definitely am unsure of my abilities but i feel i am capable of building a loader for it. In the meantime i will keep an eye on craigslist for used loaders for it.

TreeStandHunter

Quote from: grouch on September 04, 2017, 01:18:30 PM
A front end loader is the handiest thing on my tractor. My tractor is rated 28 Hp at the PTO, has power steering and is 2 wheel drive.

Adding ballast to the 3 pt hitch improves handing and capacity of the loader. It's a see-saw, so multiply the load times the distance from the fulcrum to get an idea of how much ballast to use at the hitch.

You might find this interesting:
Power Steering for B7100-7200

If you decide to build your loader, I suggest you first look at  Kubota's and aftermarket supplier's designs. Heavier structure means less payload. Lighter structure means easier to overload and break. Kbeitz's Power King photos above show all the elements necessary.

Thanks for the link!

I will definitely look at some loaders and get an idea of how heavy to make the frame. The part im going to struggle with the most will be fabricating the bucket. Ill be following your backhoe post and attepmting something similar to what you built for your ford.

snowstorm

I made a power steering setup for my b 8200. Works very well

Hilltop366

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=897&d=1261497261

This might give you ideas for the frame. (google search images)

There should be a way to tap into the tractors hydraulics to run the loader.

I have a loader on my 35 hp tractor and it is handier than a pocket on a shirt however making a frame for forks and a bucket for the rear would be a lot easier and carry more weight, with a trip release and/or hyd remotes and a hyd top link you can add a tilt function.

chevytaHOE5674

If I was you I would scour craigslist in your area for a used loader that is roughly the correct size for your tractor, then all you need to do is fabricate mounts and plumb the hydraulics. I often see loaders of various sizes without the tractor mounts or a bucket for dirt cheap, way cheaper than I could design and build one for (even using scrap steel, welding rod, hydraulic cylinders/hoses, pins, greasable bushings, etc all adds up really fast).

Kbeitz

My little Kubota sometimes thinks it's to big....

Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

TreeStandHunter

Quote from: Kbeitz on September 04, 2017, 08:52:12 PM
My little Kubota sometimes thinks it's to big....

smiley_clapping smiley_clapping smiley_clapping smiley_clapping

sawguy21

Crusarius

KB how come every time I see pics of your kubota it never has 4 tires on the ground?

Kbeitz

Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Crusarius

I have done that with my jeep and very close with the tractor. but not yet.

grouch

Ok, left side test of the flop bar is successful. Now, how about the right side?
Find something to do that interests you.

Kbeitz

Quote from: grouch on September 05, 2017, 01:23:50 PM
Ok, left side test of the flop bar is successful. Now, how about the right side?

Haven't done the right side yet... All that roll over did to my tractor was
lightened the color of one fender when the acid came out of the battery.
It almost darkened my underwear. 
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

sawguy21

:D I came too close to doing that moving snow last winter. It definitely had my full attention.

Thank You Sponsors!