iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Prentice Telestik TS-33

Started by PA_Walnut, August 28, 2017, 07:04:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PA_Walnut

Looking at a unit with this crane. Anyone have experience, specs or opinions as to it's merit as a part-time unit for picking up logs to transport to my mill?
I'm looking for a lower-cost unit to get'er done, yet not spend 1/2 my life messing with it.
Any/all help is welcome!
Thx
I own my own small piece of the world on an 8 acre plot on the side of a mountain with walnut, hickory, ash and spruce.
LT40HD Wide 35HP Diesel
Peterson Dedicated Wide Slabber
Kubota M62 Tractor/Backhoe
WoodMizer KD250 Kiln
Northland 800 Kiln

NWP

I have heard they are slow but will pick up a lot of weight. I looked at one but didn't buy it because I found a different loader. They are usually cheaper and for something to use part time I'm sure it would do what you need.
1999 Blockbuster 2222, 1997 Duratech HD10, 2021 Kubota SVL97-2, 2011 Case SV250, 2000 Case 1845C, 2004 Case 621D, John Deere 540A, 2011 Freightliner with Prentice 120C, 2012 Chevrolet, 1997 GMC bucket truck, several trailers, and Stihl saws.

coxy

slow isn't the word and they are way heavy jmop but I would spend extra money and get a better loader again jmop

PA_Walnut

Good to know...thanks. Not looking for a turn-n-burn machine, but time IS money, so don't want a dinosaur.
I own my own small piece of the world on an 8 acre plot on the side of a mountain with walnut, hickory, ash and spruce.
LT40HD Wide 35HP Diesel
Peterson Dedicated Wide Slabber
Kubota M62 Tractor/Backhoe
WoodMizer KD250 Kiln
Northland 800 Kiln

Maine372

its a wallboard crane. pick up half a lift of sheetrock and then dangle it by a 3rd story window so they don't have to lug it up the stairs.

will it load logs? yes! will you be the first unloaded at the mill? no. extra power and reach are nice for cleaning up small jobs or tree service wood, but the extra weight cuts into payload.

weigh the pros and cons and decide whats best for you.

Thank You Sponsors!