iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Noob ? Australian H3 wood standard how to make it!

Started by doggygoose, September 04, 2017, 08:47:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doggygoose

Hi guys first time post need Info
Making my own Lumber from Radiata Pine for building
It says here in Oz that it has to be H3 level treated timber product
But how do I do that ??? I have been looking every where. I can find the products names but can't buy the products such as ACQ – Alkaline copper quaternary or LOSP. - Light Organic Solvent Preservative which both state that they are paint-table products
I am at a loss please Help! 

Ianab

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I don't think there is any practical (or safe) way to home treat Radiata to H3 standard.

Here in NZ pretty much everything is built with treated Radiata. If you want to build with your own wood, the usual option is to use something that doesn't need treatment. Douglas Fir, Cypress or Port Orford Cedar can all be used here without treatment.

I do computer work for a couple of local timber processors that run pressure treating plants, and there is considerable OSH and Environmental hoops they need to jump through to be certified, and a big complicated pressure treatment vessel to maintain.
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Thank You Sponsors!