iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ancient digs uncover useable tools

Started by Kbeitz, September 01, 2017, 07:01:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry

That's a good looking metal bender.  They really are useful.  I have a Hossfeld but not enough room in the shop to use it.  I made a bracket so it locks onto a fork on the forklift, than I use it under the shade tree (shop annex). :D

When I hit 69 Imma gonna turn over a new leaf and keep my workbench clean. ;D
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

newoodguy78

Kbeitz after looking at your bench pictures I've come to a conclusion...I think you suffer from FSS (flat surface syndrome) the main symptom is when you see a flat spot you need to fill it to max capacity. The downside is there is no known cure. The upside is you're not alone, many people suffer from it myself included  :D :D

Don_Papenburg

Bench stratification could be cured with a simple three stage hoist cylinder mounted on one end of the bench top and hinges on the other .  place a small tote box on the hinge end , lift the other and then return to horizontal and commence filling .
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

Kbeitz

Quote from: Don_Papenburg on September 04, 2017, 11:19:37 PM
Bench stratification could be cured with a simple three stage hoist cylinder mounted on one end of the bench top and hinges on the other .  place a small tote box on the hinge end , lift the other and then return to horizontal and commence filling .

And who's going to help me tote it away when it get full every day...
If I could just stay away from the junkyard the whole problem would go away.
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Papa1stuff

Quote from: Kbeitz on September 05, 2017, 03:58:17 AM
Quote from: Don_Papenburg on September 04, 2017, 11:19:37 PM

And who's going to help me tote it away when it get full every day...
If I could just stay away from the junkyard the whole problem would go away.

I bet your wife thinks that also ;D
1987 PB Grader with forks added to bucket
2--2008 455 Rancher Husky
WM CBN Sharpener & Setter

sandhills

That maybe so Kbeitz but what fun would that be for us, we wouldn't get to see all the cool stuff you find  :).

Don_Papenburg

Well you have all them garden tractors , one of them could help.  Put wheels on the tote ,You got wheels also .  Then you could haul the stuff to any place on the farm , well except the house if your wife is like mine . She hates the tools in the Kitchen drawers.
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

sawguy21

:D My wife found a pair of pliers in the silverware drawer, did I ever hear about that one. She probably knocked them in while looking for the scissors. smiley_horserider
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Thank You Sponsors!