iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Had a visitor

Started by Peter Drouin, May 17, 2016, 10:36:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WDH

This is the biggest canebrake rattler (also called timber rattler) that I have encountered.  This one could put a hurting on you.  This visitor is not welcome.

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

coxy

if I seen that I don't think I could run I would have to much weight in my pants  :D the only thing I could hope for is the smell would kill it  8) 8)

newoodguy78

Quote from: coxy on July 10, 2017, 12:44:15 PM
if I seen that I don't think I could run I would have to much weight in my pants  :D the only thing I could hope for is the smell would kill it  8) 8)
That just made me spit me drink out had to clean the keyboard off
  :D :D :D

4x4American

:D :D :D  coxy!!

That's good stuff.

WDH I wonder if yours has any relation to the yellowish one I posted.  I see the yellowish ones almost as much as the mainly black ones...not sure what the deal is.  My neighbor swears that one is diamondback and one is timber, but I also thought that there weren't any diamondback up here just timber rattlers. 

We are getting alot of kangaroos around here too they are becoming a problem.

Here's a video of me jacking ones jaw:

https://youtu.be/BeeRpahAhH8

and here's one at my neighbors house:

https://youtu.be/83_ORxgrfL8

Pesky buggers they are...

Boy, back in my day..

coxy

I was always told the yellowish ones where females  :-\

4x4American

Makes sense, I've never picked one up and checked it's undercarriage but I remember back in the boy scout days they taught us that males have two schmeckles :D
Boy, back in my day..

Peter Drouin

WDH, you eat snakes??
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

WDH

I have eaten rattlesnake on several occasions.  Not a preferred food. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Andries

Haven't seen a snake worth worrying about, ever.
Those Southern critters give me the willies!
Good thing I'm this far North.
I'll take the risk of being turned into till via a really fast glacier.
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

WDH

Snakes don't like glaciation.

Thank You Sponsors!