iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lost pocket knife

Started by yukon cornelius, August 30, 2017, 10:56:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yukon cornelius

In 2012 my son and I were building fence in the woods and my son lost his new pocket knife. We looked and looked and even used a metal detector without success. Today it just seemed to reappear right next to the goat shed. We have been out there 1000s of times and never seen it.

like it was dropped last night. No rust and still sharp.

I told him we would find it.  ;D
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

trapper

hope my leatherman reappears like that.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

low_48

I guess I'd say a crow might have found it first. Any nests around?

TKehl

In the long run, you make your own luck – good, bad, or indifferent. Loretta Lynn

Magicman

Nice find.  If you had posted that picture earlier we would have told you where it was.   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Raider Bill

Mine seems to have disappeared last week sometime. I checked all the normal spots like under my recliner, washer/dryer. Even called Hospice as I was sitting in a recliner there 12 hours a day till last Thursday but no luck.
Billy {wild Bill} gave me this one about 5-6 years ago. I'm bummed.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

yukon cornelius

There aren't any nest nearby that I know of.

Raider Bill and Trapper, we will find it... ;D just post a picture and we can see if we can see it. :D it will be like a "where is waldo" 8)
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

Jeff

Many years ago, Tammy and I went up to Chet and Judy's for Thanksgiving weekend. While there, I took the opportunity to go out deer hunting one final time for the season. Chet and Judy live in the land of big snow in the western U.P., so there was plenty of it already that November.   The following spring, we were invited to come back up for Easter.  Well, in the yooperland of ice and snow, there is still lots of it at that time too.   Chet plows much of his yard beyond his driveway during the winter to make sure there is plenty of room for all that snow to go and there are multitudes of times it is plowed.

As we were getting ready to leave that Easter Sunday, I happened to scuff my foot in the now thawing driveway on something. I looked down to see just a glint of something shiney. Hoping it was money ( ;) )  I bent over and pried up the object still mostly frozen in the drive. It was my folding hunting knife that I had dropped that past November while either going out or coming back in from hunting. The plow had missed it all winter, not a scratch or nick on it. No one ever saw it laying there, in fact, no one ever knew it was missing including me, until I picked it up out of Chet's chunk of frozen U.P. tundra 6 months later.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

sandhills

Not to get too far off subject but I found dad's billfold after he'd lost it while we'd been laying out irrigation pipe.    I found it 3 years later, not much left of it but why I happened to notice it is beyond me.  My stepson has given me 2 Kershaw knives for Christmas, I lost the first and the second I left on my baler but found that one thank goodness, I love those knives.

coxy

I found a knife blade in my skidder tire one time :o >:( >:( if I could ever find out who lost it I think id kick there backside  ;D a few years ago I lost my last old timer knife while gutting a deer (i have a bad habit of sticking them in a tree so they don't fall on the ground)looked and looked never found it   last year while cutting logs I kick a small rock beside the tree before cutting it and there was my knife a little rusty but the wire wheel fixed that   

Stoneyacrefarm

I was coon hunting one night years ago.treed the coon and shot it out.
Leaned the gun up against a tree so I could gather up all the dogs and went back to the truck.
Got home and realized I left the gun in the woods.
Went back there and looked for weeks but never found it.
About 8 years later we treed in the same tree.
Guess what I found!!
Very rusted  >:(
Work hard. Be rewarded.

coxy

Stoneyacrefarm

Ha ha.
Nope. A rusty old marlin.  8)
Work hard. Be rewarded.

Logger RK

Having a Marlin 32,it Probly shot better after that  ;D

Stoneyacrefarm

This one was in no condition to shoot at all.  :D
Not a great loss but still a lost gun none the less.
Work hard. Be rewarded.

WDH

I figured it was a rusted old coon. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

gspren

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most. (old saying, often true)
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Dave Shepard

When I was ten, my grandfather gave me a Zippo folding knife. I was never more than five feet from that knife until I had to go to jury duty for the first time at 18. I lost it through a hole in my pants from a bike handled brush cutter. A couple of months later,  a coworker found it when we went back for a second trimming. I never carried it again after that.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Thank You Sponsors!