iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Different kind of Sawing

Started by Magicman, August 30, 2017, 02:49:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

The "engineer" and "construction foreman" messed up several years ago and did not allow for proper water runoff so I decided that it was finally time to correct my his mistake.

Yup, completely different sawing because this was the saw;

The rent on the saw is not bad, but those diamond blades are expensive.   :o

The two cuts will be 4½" deep X 20'.  The chalk line did not stay with the cooling water running but it did serve as a guide.

I made about ½" deep cuts but the "saw" needed to rest at the end of each pass.   ;)

Done.  I made a few wobbles but no one will know it 100 years from now.  ;D  The best part of the job was leaving that saw back at the rental shop.  ::)

I opted for some heavy artillery for the removal.

That took about 30 minutes and was the best $15 that I ever spent.

Mississippi Pudding Stones.  Just in time before the "Harvey" rains get here.  At least now I will not have to deal with water all of the way to the back of my RV shed.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

rasman57

Well done.  Sometimes the pressure of knowing it is really supposed to rain is a good motivation to tackle those " when I get around to it"..... jobs.        Hope you stay mostly dry.  It sure dumped a massive amount already.  Really makes one remember that in spite of all the modern technology and progress, we still are just part of nature and all that can happen.    God Bless those affected folks.

Savannahdan

Not that you really needed it but you might want to try a crayon the next time for marking the line.  I probably would have had the line meander down the road instead in a straight line like you did.  Both of those tools were definitely right for the job.
Husqvarna 3120XP, Makita DCS7901 Chainsaw, 30" & 56" Granberg Chain Saw Mill, Logosol M8 Farmers Mill

Magicman

:D I do not plan on there being a "next time" because this old puppy was whipped by the time I finished.  It will be interesting to see how it does tomorrow when we are forecast to get the most rain.   :P
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

grouch

mumble grumble nothing wrong with a hammer and a mason's chisel mumble
grumble lazy slackers gotta have power this and power that
get a brick and clean up those edges before somebody cuts a toe off!
mumble back in my youth people used muscle and bone 'stead of gas and 'lectric
grumble diamond saws even!

Find something to do that interests you.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Will you be traveling with this concrete saw?

Saw 'em and leave 'em?  :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

paul case

I did  a little of that for a local Christian radio station a while back. I broke minetheirs out with a sledge hammer and it wasnt too bad,but it was on the slim side of 4''.

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Magicman

Yup, a sledge would have done it, but that $15 was well spent.  The rental store is only a couple of miles away.   ;D

sandhills

I've been helping my sale barn boss on his construction side a few times lately with concrete which is pretty much his specialty, only takes one 10 yard load to remember why this is a young man's sport.  I just wish I could get in on an easy job where we don't have to rake it 3/4 of the way across  :D.  You did good Lynn  ;).

Brad_bb

Do now do you have to dig down and put a drain pipe?  Do you have a path for water to go?
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

Ox

Quote from: grouch on August 30, 2017, 06:45:58 PM
mumble grumble nothing wrong with a hammer and a mason's chisel mumble
grumble lazy slackers gotta have power this and power that
get a brick and clean up those edges before somebody cuts a toe off!
mumble back in my youth people used muscle and bone 'stead of gas and 'lectric
grumble diamond saws even!
:D ya old grouch!  This made my morning.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Magicman

And it is brought to you by the guy that (gasp) uses mig, arc, and plasma !!!   :o  Oh, what is this modern world coming to??   ???

Magicman

Brad, I could put a 4" perforated sewer pipe in the slot, but for now I will be content to watch the water run off.   ;D

grouch

Quote from: Magicman on August 31, 2017, 10:52:03 AM
Brad, I could put a 4" perforated sewer pipe in the slot, but for now I will be content to watch the water run off.   ;D

Would bar grating work? It'd have to be removable because you know bolts, nuts and tools will seek that slot out.

coxy

mm next time you do something like that call me and come get my walk behind saw has 20in diamond  blade and a 15hp motor no back braking and lines are straight  ;)  I cut blue stone so I have experience in the sawing department the diamond  you where using is 90$ here and on a good weekend cutting stone ill use up 2 of them  those blades will also cut metal that's what I use to cut my cable and sheet metal up to 1/4 thick

Magicman

Thanks, but I have no intention of there being a "next" time. 

coxy

grouch

Quote from: Magicman on August 31, 2017, 10:45:53 AM
And it is brought to you by the guy that (gasp) uses mig, arc, and plasma !!!   :o  Oh, what is this modern world coming to??   ???

I have legitimate excuses: Ran out of charcoal, lost my flint rock, and the sun was in my eyes.

Don P

I rent one more thing for jobs like that, that brute breaker fits his hands better than mine  :D I've got a few of those tools I try to keep loaned out to the young bucks, it makes them easier to reel in later  ;D

in the same aisle with the perforated drain pipe they usually have some plastic trench drain that looks pretty good, if it fits.

Magicman

NDS Trench Grates are ordered and on the way.  Thanks Don P.   :)

Thank You Sponsors!