iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

choice of setters

Started by xlogger, August 29, 2017, 12:29:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xlogger

I've got a guy that going to buy my old sharpener and now he wants to buy my setter. I would have to get another setter pretty quick if I sold it. Just wondering what some of you might have and how you like it. I looked at the wm dual tooth one so far.
Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

millwright

I've got a Dina dual tooth, it does a good job.

redbeard

Sullfolk dual setter
Very pleased with it.
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

xlogger

I have the suffolk dual setter now and yes it does a good job. But this guy says he will give me money for a new one and wants my setter because it setup now on table. I've looked at the wm setter and not sure I even want another one.
Does anyone here have the wm200 or 250, if so how do you like it?
Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

Percy

Quote from: xlogger on August 29, 2017, 02:48:49 PM
I have the suffolk dual setter now and yes it does a good job. But this guy says he will give me money for a new one and wants my setter because it setup now on table. I've looked at the wm setter and not sure I even want another one.
Does anyone here have the wm200 or 250, if so how do you like it?
Like you, I have the Suffolk Dual tooth, works well but getting it dialed in is a bit tricky, at least for me. My buddy up the road has a WM setter, the 250 and those dual dial gauges that work in real time are an advantage IMO.
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Pabene

I have now a dual setter but I started 12 years ago with a setter "one tooth at the time" with a dial. The dual setter is good and it takes me only 2 minutes to perform setting of one blade. A bad thing on mine dual setter is that it can not downset. It is also impossible to measure the real result on each tooth. That means I can just increase the set. If it would be some teeth on the blade, with more set than i want, I will not discover that. The result will be that those teeth passes the setter and has still to much set and will scratch the surfaces. For that reason I prefer to use my old singel tooth setter. It takes me 15-20 minutes for one blade but I have full control of the set results as it has the dial. For production, when the surface finish doesn't matter, the dual setter is OK.

Peter Drouin

I like mine

The set comes out perfect every time.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Percy

Quote from: Peter Drouin on August 31, 2017, 06:35:34 PM
I like mine

The set comes out perfect every time.
What is that ?? ??? ???

Peter Drouin

Wood Mizer, Percy.  :D :D :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Percy

Quote from: Peter Drouin on September 01, 2017, 05:23:34 AM
Wood Mizer, Percy.  :D :D :D :D
huh! Looks different than the one I  seen. What model issat one?

terrifictimbersllc

Shop Series dual tooth setter.  Model before the current 200/250 BMT series.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Percy

Quote from: terrifictimbersllc on September 01, 2017, 01:08:35 PM
Shop Series dual tooth setter.  Model before the current 200/250 BMT series.
thanks🤓

Thank You Sponsors!