iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I do this too

Started by scully, August 29, 2017, 09:27:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scully

Besides milling one of my passions is rustic industrial furniture. 

I bleed orange  .

scully

I bleed orange  .

grouch

Very nice work!

Tip: You can edit and rotate photos in your gallery so that those tables don't fall off the page.
Find something to do that interests you.

scully

I consider it a miracle that I was even able to post a photo at all , I'll try harder next time
I bleed orange  .

grouch

And they are very good photos -- they give a good view of the works.

My "tip" wasn't a criticizm; just trying to be helpful. You can rotate the photo in your gallery at any time, even after posting in a reply, and the correction will show up in those replies. Just don't ever delete a photo after posting it. You don't want a trip to the woodshed!  :o
Find something to do that interests you.

Crusarius

Those are sweet. do you build for yourself or try to sell?

Weekend_Sawyer

Nice!

Do you treat the rounds with something to keep it from splitting?

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

scully

I find Walnut behaves very well and most times won't split to bad . I was asked to build the 2 coffee tables and 1 main table for a micro brew pub .  the plank tables are floor joist from the building that are about 130 years old .. I don't have a shop but I do have some good tools . Hopefully I can put up my barn bye spring . The round end table was built and donated bye me  for a benefit for my neighbors baby grand son . I hear it did good at the raffle .  I am hoping to produce more stuff and market it but I like to just make what ever comes to mind and not have specific plans to follow . Once I get inside and have a good wood stove the game will change big for me .
I bleed orange  .

Downstream

Excellent work.  I am doing more industrial base stuff all the time for both myself and selling.  I am in progress on a walnut cookie table very similar to yours but it cracked so bad it may become firewood.  Where are you finding your industrial salvage stuff?  I just recently got permission to pick through a local scrap yard for stuff so hopefully that will play out.
EZ Boardwalk Jr,  Split Second Kinetic logsplitter, Granberg Alaskan Chainsaw Mill, Stihl 660 and 211, Logrite 60" cant hook, Dixie 32 Tongs

scully

I look for metal etc. anyplace I can . I don't get much salvage wood yet but have a great source for kiln dried slabs etc. Scrap yards are like a candy store for me but my good one shut down . I have a small stock pile of some nice iron things for now , once I get rolling I will really be on the hunt for allot more .  Check the growth rings on cookies , I think slow growth is more stable and definatly keep them shaded .
I bleed orange  .

WDH

Those pieces are very well done. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

coalsmok

I really like the table in the first picture. How was the legs/base done on it?

scully

The big table and the cherry slab coffee table base's were made of 1x4" Mack truck leaf springs
I bleed orange  .

scully

I bleed orange  .

samandothers

Those are some hefty tables. Well done.

Andries

Wow, so, just how heavy is coffee out your way?
;)
Great work - rustic industrial for sure!
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Weekend_Sawyer

Is that the spring out of an old car?

Great re purposing of the old metals.

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

dustyhat

Nice, i really like that one with the star , i wont let my wife see this thread.

Thank You Sponsors!