iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

With the Mill being sold, aside from being a taxi driver for the grand kids I -

Started by Chris Burchfield, August 28, 2017, 05:15:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Burchfield

Now have the money to rebuild my 1969 Ford 4000 3 cylinder diesel engine.  I ordered all engine parts top to bottom and front to back from Yesterday's Tractor. Local in Memphis for the heavy duty clutch plate, pressure plate, throwout bearing and pilot bearing.  Cylinder walls were scored badly.  Had a friend bore .040 over and each cleaned up well.  Forty thousands (?) were the largest oversized pistons and rings YT offered.  Another of my youngest son's friend's dad retired, but continues to rebuild tractor engines at his home shop.  He was over a tractor shop before he retired, don't know what brand.  Helps I have about $400 worth of Ford Tractor shop manuals to cover mine he can reference. Had the fuel injection pump tuned up, two of the injectors checked okay, one bad, had a leak.  Ordered another from YT today.  I am so behind on bush hogging I could scream.  Wouldn't do any good though, I'll have plenty of time to get it done when the tractor is back together. Big 8 1/8" X 8 1/8" X 19 1/2" 4DLT battery ordered thru O'Reilly Auto Parts.  It'll fit in the battery tray. Most of this is a bit over my head in terms of skill to do.  I did replace the clutch, pressure plate & throwout bearing in my International Harvester 1086. In a friend's shop.  He had a frame to hold the engine with the frontend assembly still attached.  Had to ease the cab, tranny back far enough to get between them and work.  Going back together was slow and I was especially lucky the dual spine slid back in place without a hitch. Thought the General Board was the best place to post this. Till later, Chris.
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

Thank You Sponsors!