iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cure for my Onan.

Started by Jeff, August 27, 2017, 01:44:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Peter Drouin

You'll be sawing in no time.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Jeff

Chuck, what specs are you using for belt tension?  I set mine at 12lbs at 1/2" deflecion. Seems like maybe a little to much belt bounce on the bottom side.

Chuck White

Jeff, I'm setting mine at 7/16" at 10 lb.

The new belt is longer than the original, so I think it "could" be a little tighter!

My drive belt is running quite smoothly, hardly any flop!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

The bounce/flop will probably change when you put a load (sawing) on it.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

I sawed a cedar log last night, and it sawed fine. I never even thought about watching the belts when I was sawing.  DOH! 

Chuck White

Way to go Jeff!     ;)   thumbs-up     8)   
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Percy

GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Magicman

So now Jeff is sawing lumber for the U.S.S. Kittyhawk??   ???
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Percy

Quote from: Magicman on September 17, 2017, 09:23:13 PM
So now Jeff is sawing lumber for the U.S.S. Kittyhawk??   ???
Man!! You have good eyes. I didn't even see that. It's a generic program for fake newspapers. 🤓🤓
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

sparks

Jeff, 7/16" at 14lbs. You'll burn up the belt with less and your blade will wander.
\"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.\" Abraham Lincoln

Jeff

It sure is good to have my sawmill running again and running well! Tammy and I used it to saw out a 20 foot extension to our Polebarn privacy fence. The cedar cut like butter with the rusted blade that had been on the mill since last year. :) it really did feel good to be sawing again. 8)

Magicman

The results of that "feel good" feeling looks good too.   8)

Thank You Sponsors!