iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hurricane Harvey

Started by Magicman, August 25, 2017, 09:20:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coalsmok

Just seeing some photos of the flooding from this and hope the members and their families are ok. Looks devistating

petefrom bearswamp

My former helper moved to Texas last year, just outside of Houston.
Called him this morning and they ore OK where they located but not so in the city
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Magicman

Only the outer band of rain has reached us but fishfighter is getting a soaking.  This misery will continue for the rest of the week for the fortunate and for weeks, months, and years for the less fortunate.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Texas Ranger

17 inches of rain in Livingston, creek is falling some, so flood may not  happen to the Staples Empire! 8)
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Magicman

Thanks for checking in TR.    smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

samandothers

Texas Ranger

21 inches of rain at Hacienda de la Staples as of this morning, and an all day rain event for today.  Supposed to be over Louisiana tomorrow.  I think tomorrow may never come.

grouch

Keep your boat ready!

21 inches of rain sounds more like an annual measurement than from one storm.

Thanks for providing news!
Find something to do that interests you.

pineywoods

Looks like the predictions of Harvey sliding eastward into La and Ms were accurate. It's already happening. South end of both states already getting pounded. I'm about 200 miles from the coast and I'm still dry, but it's a'comin.. Next couple of days gonna be wet. I expect to loose some more timber, the ground is already saturated.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Roxie

I just heard on the news that one part of Houston has officially recorded 49.2 inches of rain.  FOUR FEET OF RAIN!   :o

It boggles the mind.
Say when

wesdor

Saw a projected path that takes it over LA and MS. Hope you folks all can ride this out. This is sure a lot of rain!

Texas Ranger

Pineywoods, you and Magic Man may be seeing this thing first hand, hopefully greatly reduced.  We should be clear of it by tomorrow morning with a little drizzle left over.  It keeps moving east and the boys in Georgia will be getting their saw dust wet.

Kbeitz

Already our gas prices are on the rise here in Pa.
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Magicman

The storm's predicted/forecast path is directly over pineywoods which will be about 100 miles West of me.   That puts me on the "wet" side but of course how much rain it will actually generate is ???

thecfarm

It's sad to watch it on the news.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Thankfully the storm seems to be loosing moisture as well as momentum/wind as it moves away from the Gulf.  We should be OK.

GAB

Quote from: Magicman on August 31, 2017, 08:35:38 AM
Thankfully the storm seems to be loosing moisture as well as momentum/wind as it moves away from the Gulf.  We should be OK.

Lynn:
Please keep us posted.
Wishing all you folks the best.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Magicman

The storm's eye has crossed into Mississippi, but thankfully about 150 miles North of us and we have gotten very little wind or rain.  Mostly just an on and off "get you wet" drizzle.  The threat of tornados in it's path will continue as the storm continues to move NE.

Texas Ranger

We ended up with a little over 25 inches of rain over 5 days.  Sun today.

grouch

Texas Ranger,

You with 25 and those folks with 49 saved the rest of us.

Hope it leaves you well and safe!

Chris Burchfield

Edge came into Memphis about 11:30 this morning.  Spawned eight or nine tornado warnings for the are 3:10 p.m. looks like the eye is about on top of Memphis.  Keep loosing Direct TV because of the heavy down pores.  Yep prayers for all along the coast and Houston.  Have two cousins Northwest area of Houston.  They are okay and dry.
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

pineywoods

Harvey passed right over me around mid-nite. Lots of water, not much wind. So far, I have found no damage other than lots of water ran through my saw shed.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Magicman

It's good to hear from you Wayne.   8)

Briankinley2004

Got back home last night from helping the Cajun Navy. At one point we "couldn't get there from here" as the old saying goes. Almost every road from Houston to the South, East or West was closed yesterday. It looks better today on the road closure map. going to be a long recovery like Katrina was. We only got a couple inches up here although at one point they were predicting 12". I didn't see a lot of wind damage mostly flooding. We were stationed about 10 miles from the plant that exploded. I think most of the wind damage was along the coast.

grouch

Thank You Sponsors!