iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Need help in NH

Started by dlucente, August 24, 2017, 02:13:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dlucente

I have been a long time lurker of the forums since I purchased a E-Classic 2300 back in 2010 or so.  The boiler supplies heat/hotwater for a ten unit apt. building that used to be an old motel.  It has worked out very well.  I made the switch when i calculated my annual oil cost to be around 18,000.  I estimated at the time that the boiler saved me around 6 to 8k a year immediately. I have been a long time lurker of the forums since I purchased a E-Classic 2300 back in 2010 or so.  The boiler supplies heat/hotwater for a ten unit apt. building that used to be an old motel.  It has worked out very well.  I made the switch when i calculated my annual oil cost to be around 18,000.  I estimated at the time that the boiler saved me around 6 to 8k a year immediately.   

I have not run it for the last two years for a couple of reasons.  1.  It needs repairs and thankfully 2. oil has been very cheap.

I need some help with the repairs.  I am not handy at all and I cannot find anyone in the area willing to work on the boiler.  My plumbing and heating company won't touch it and the company I bought it from, Appalachian Supply, won't touch it.  They also do not have a decent referral for me to find someone who will work on it.

It needs some of the basic repairs needed for Eclassics.  I replaced the brick and the blower but the other repairs need a welder and I am not qualified to do the work.  I have attached some pictures and I am willing to pay if someone is in my area that would be willing to do the fixes.  One repair at the back of the box is very evident with the holes and the buckled metal.   

The other repair is putting in the vent grates at the bottom of the box on either side.  Both repairs need probably welding and grinding.

If you are interested please let me know.   I have not run it for the last two years for a couple of reasons.  1.  It needs repairs and thankfully 2. oil has been very cheap.

I need some help with the repairs.  I am not handy at all and I cannot find anyone in the area willing to work on the boiler.  My plumbing and heating company won't touch it and the company I bought it from, Appalachian Supply, won't touch it.  They also do not have a decent referral for me to find someone who will work on it.

It needs some of the basic repairs needed for Eclassics.  I replaced the brick and the blower but the other repairs need a welder and I am not qualified to do the work.  I have attached some pictures and I am willing to pay if someone is in my area that would be willing to do the fixes.  One repair at the back of the box is very evident with the holes and the buckled metal.  The other repair is putting in the vent grates at the bottom of the box on either side.   

Both repairs need probably welding and grinding.

If you are interested please let me know.  There are a couple more images in my gallery titled eclassic.  Thank you in advance.   

Ford_man

Call Central Boiler it may be under warranty.  My boiler had a 10 year warranty on it.

dlucente

Thanks for the feedback.  I did call central boiler and they sent me the parts to fix the boiler.  That, I believe, was how they are satisfying their "warranty".  My boiler has a warranty but they didn't seem very interested in helping me beyond sending the parts.

bobby s

My 2300 looks pretty much the same as yours. What "parts" did C.B. send you?

dlucente

Bobby - I attached the PDF's for each of the parts.  I think I may have found a local metalworker/welder that will be able to do the repairs.

bobby s

Thank you very much dlucente. Going to try to get these ordered and installed before startup.

JJ

Looks like you will need a door seal, and maybe the new door design if you have the old 'sandwich' style door which tended to warp.
CB covered the new door under warranty when mine warped.

JJ

Logging logginglogging

The old style door i had, finally came right apart one time when i was opeing the door and a plate fell nearly on my foot.
I then installed the upgraded door.

Thank You Sponsors!